The Commandant’s corner is a bi-weekly message board presented by Commandant Anthony Pullella. Read our latest blog below, check out one of our archived messages, or sign up to receive future messages.
Good morning Seahawk Nation,
Happy Monday! We had a quick turnaround with our Prom this past Saturday, but so worth it to see our seniors be able to have a prom this year! Big shout out to Mrs. Enderica and all of our Staff who volunteered their time to ensure our kids had a memorable, fun, and safe evening! The weather was perfect, our kids were dressed to the nines and their behavior and manners matched their style! Congratulations to Noah Cillo and Kelsi Bowers who were crowned the 2021 Prom King and Queen!
Here is what we have happening this week:
- Our Senior Breakfast will be held this Friday, May 21st. All seniors, virtual or in-person, are invited. It’s always a nice way to say goodbye to our senior class, so we certainly hope you can join us. We should have your yearbooks on-site, so it’s a perfect time to exchange them and leave notes that you will look back at down the road. Also, seniors are authorized spirit wear and the college/military they are attending that day.
- Thursday, May 20th we will hold our Change of Command Ceremony where we say thank you and goodbye to our Regimental Commanding Officer Aidan Curran and Staff, and turn the reigns over to our new Regimental Commanding Officer Joshua Gutzmirtl.
- Our Senior Bell Ringing Ceremony will be held Thursday, May 27th beginning at 8:00 am in the stadium (contingent upon the weather). Seniors are permitted to have two guests attend the event. If there is inclement weather, we will hold the Bell Ringing inside the Dome and the event will be live-streamed (no guests will be permitted if indoors).
- The End of the Year Picnic will be held on Thursday, May 27th beginning at 9:15 am (weather dependent). The picnic will end at 11:25 am (dismissal). Inclement weather will cancel the event. There will not be a makeup day.
- The DMA Music and Concert Banquet will be held this Saturday, May 22nd at 4:00 pm here at DMA.
- Spring sports teams have had nothing less than stellar regular seasons. Congratulations to DMA baseball and softball on winning the DSAC Championship! In their words, “We ain’t done yet!” Congratulations to all of our spring sports teams on a great season and we look forward to cheering you on during the postseason! Parents, please remember to conduct yourself in a manner that would not cause embarrassment to yourself, our athletes, or the school. Behavior that is deemed unsportsmanlike will result in being removed from the contest and not welcome back for the remainder of the season. Below is a summary of all postseason play. LET’S GO SEAHAWKS!!!
- Track & Field: Congratulations to the Boys and Girls Track teams who had a great showing at the New Castle County meet. Next up is the State Tournament in Dover, this Friday, May 21stand Saturday, May 22nd.
- Girls Lacrosse: The seeding committee will meet this evening. The team could earn a playoff berth.
- Girls Soccer: The team earned the 7th seed and will host Newark High School on Wednesday, May 19th at 7:00 pm here at DMA. Tickets will be sold at the gate which will open at 6:00 pm. Upon victory, the team will play at St. Mark’s High School on Saturday, May 22nd at 11:00 am.
- Baseball: The team earned the 5th seed and will host the winner of Sussex Academy vs. William Penn on Thursday, May 20th 4:00 pm at Newark National. Tickets will be sold at the gate which will open at 2:45 pm. Upon victory, the team will host the winner of Concord vs. Dover on Saturday, May 22nd at Newark National. Time is to be determined (check the Band Athletic app for updates).
- Boys Lacrosse: The team earned the 4th seed and will host Tatnall School on Tuesday, May 18th at 6:30 pm here at DMA. Tickets will be sold at the gate which will open at 5:30 pm. Upon victory, the team will host Cape Henlopen High School on Saturday, May 22nd. Time is to be determined (check the Band Athletic app for updates).
- Softball: The team earned the 2nd seed and will host the winner of Polytech vs. Hodgson Vo-Tech on Thursday, May 20th at 4:00pm at Midway. Tickets will be sold at the gate which will open at 2:45 pm. Upon victory, the team will host the winner of Delmar vs. Lake Forest on Saturday, May 22nd at Midway. Time is to be determined (check the Band Athletic app for updates).
- Please note, DIAA ticket pricing: Play-In, First, Second, & Quarterfinal Rounds – $5.00 Students (K-12) and Adults. Semi-Final Round – $6.00 Students (K-12) and Adults. Final Round – $7.00 Students (K-12) and Adults. (*add $1.00 to ticket prices that are hosted at non-DIAA member school venues). If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact Mr. Jeanne.
We hope you have a great rest of the week and look forward to ending this year, celebrating the accomplishments our cadets have made through one of the most bizarre years we will probably ever experience. #finishstrong!
Stay up-to-date with the current news and noteworthy events happening in the world of DMA. Sign up to receive the Commandant’s Corner!