112 Middleboro Road
Wilmington, DE 19804
Phone: (302) 998-0745
Fax: (302) 998-3521
School Hours: 7:25 a.m. to 2:35 p.m.
Office Hours: 7:00 a.m. to 3:15 p.m.
SUMMER Office Hours:
Monday – Thursday, 8 a.m. to 2 p.m.
The Delaware Military Academy is the only charter high school in the United States based on the traditions, values, and ideals of the U.S. Navy. Although academics are the backbone of any educational organization, leadership is the muscle of DMA. Cadets learn through a structured, traditional military school environment including self-discipline, motivation, and activities that enable our students to become productive citizens in a vastly changing technological society.
years of citizenship, leadership, & scholarship
go on to
million in college scholarships annually
What We Stand For
The Delaware Military Academy is open to all applicants, without regard to race, religion, age, sex, national origin or disability. In making positive affirmation of this policy the Academy is guided by both the letter and the spirit of Title VI of the Civil Rights Act, Title IX of the Higher Education Act of 1972, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, and the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990.
The Delaware Military Academy is in search of an individual with a military background who is interested in joining our NJROTC department.
- An honorable discharge from their Branch of Service
- Experience in managing/leading a group of twenty-five or more
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- The ability to instruct military drills.
- The ability to inspect and correct uniform standards
- Writing/updating lesson plans for the NJROTC curriculum and other lesson preparation requirements
- Assessing unit progress to assure NJROTC program objectives are met
- Establishing professional relationships
- A bachelor’s degree from an accredited university.
- Eight or more years of military experience
- Classroom experience
- Community outreach
- Support the academic, social, emotional and leadership growth of each cadet
- Plan and deliver academic lessons that are aligned with the Common Core State Standards
- Communicate (positively and with growth opportunities) with parents on a regular basis
- Maintain grades in a timely manner
- Provide additional instruction, as needed, for struggling cadets
- Participate as part of a larger team of academic professionals to ensure the success of our cadets
- Provide support to cadets to ensure they are prepared for college entrance testing
- Become an integral part of the DMA program through extracurricular activities and professional development
- Other duties as assigned
- Experience with interactive whiteboards
- Experience with Schoology
- Experience with E-school Teacher Access Center (PowerSchool)
- Proficiency in the Microsoft Office suite of products
The Delaware Military Academy serves Grades 9 through 12 and uses the Delaware Standard Application for employment.
Don’t miss an event. Check out our Events Calendar so you can stay-up-to-date, be prepared, and plan for the future!