Good morning Seahawk Nation,
Good news! Spring is officially only nineteen days away and spring sports begin today! Thank you to all of our families who have filled out the survey regarding full-day in-person instruction. Your feedback will assist us in our transitioning plans.
Here is your Intel report for the week:
- This Friday, March 5th, is a parent conference day. Please take a moment to
review your child’s current grades and their interim report in Home Access Center
(HAC). If your child has a D or F in a class, please reach out to the teacher and schedule a conference for this Friday. All conferences are being held through ZOOM and the teacher will send you a link once you are scheduled.
- For anyone who ordered Underclass photos, those photo-packages will be distributed during 6th block classes this week. Any students who are not in school this week or who are in the virtual-cohort will be able to pick up their prints on Thursday, March 4th after school from 12-3. Any student needing a retake or who was not photographed during the initial photo session will have a final opportunity on Tuesday, March 9th after school from 12-2 in the Mess Hall. Because of yearbook deadlines, if you have not had any photo taken by this time, your photo cannot appear in this year’s book. Yearbook preorders will close on March 19th, so time is running out. www.yearbookordercenter.com order #16925
- Congratulations to the winter sports teams who have completed the regular seasons and have competed or will be competing in the post season.
- The boys’ basketball team will host Newark Charter on Tuesday in the 1st round of the DIAA Basketball State Championship. The girls’ team will travel to Conrad on Wednesday in the 2nd round of the DIAA Basketball State Championship.
- Congratulations to our DMA athletes who signed their National Letter of Intent to continue their athletic career at the collegiate level: Ashley Paolo (Girls Lacrosse- Massachusetts Marine Academy), Emily Vitalo (Girls Lacrosse – Hood College), Tiernan Taggart (Swimming – Frostburg State University) Thomas Whitaker (Boys Lacrosse – Anderson Broadus University), Graceyn Frost (Softball – University of Delaware), Kevin Williams (Baseball – University of Delaware), Jackson Tyler (Baseball – University of Delaware), Patrick Crawford (Baseball – Delaware Technical Community College), Gabi Ziegler (Soccer – Shenandoah University), Nick Deleo (Football – Southwest Minnesota University).
We hope you have a great week and look forward to warm weather and getting outdoors!