Good morning Seahawk Nation,
Earth Day is Thursday, April 22nd and DMA is celebrating the week with several activities focused on taking care of our planet. Here are a couple of ways for you to participate by doing your part to keep a cleaner planet.
- Thursday, April 22nd marks the 51st celebration of Earth Day. Activities include sharing information pertaining to the environment on the daily announcements, inviting students to pledge their support for New Castle County’s “Great Schools, Clean Streams” initiative, and offering random prize drawings to cadets who commit to documenting their household waste for a week.
- “Great Schools, Clean Streams” Pledge: Please click HERE to pledge on behalf of DMA that you will dispose of your oil and grease in the trash, NOT down the drain!. We need your online pledge signatures to secure the grand prize of $1,250!
- Household Waste Log: Create a log to record your household waste for five days, then submit your log in our Dropbox using the following THIS LINK. Make sure to include your name on your log! Prizes include two kitchen compost pails, two container herb garden kits, and three Delaware State Parks annual passes!
- Graduation information for the Class of 2021 is available HERE on the DMA website. Please look over the provided information and get your Commencement fee in as soon as possible! We are looking forward to another fantastic event that will surely honor your cadets’ hard work through their time at DMA. If you have any questions, please reach out to our Graduation Coordinator, John Grant, firstname.lastname@example.org.
- This Friday, April 23rd, we will be conducting our mandatory state assessment for social studies. ALL juniors, regardless of their assigned cohort, are required to be in attendance for the US History test. All other grades will be completing asynchronous work from home and should not report to school on Friday, April 23rd. The DeSSA assessment is an online, adaptive test which is untimed. All juniors must report to DMA on Friday by 0730 and we anticipate that most cadets will be finished the test by 0930. Cadets must bring their fully charged Chromebook with them to be able to complete the testing. More specific details will come out to junior families this afternoon through this email system, as well as the Class of 2022 BAND app. The Uniform of the DMA is DMA PT Gear or DMA Spirit Wear.
- Physical/yearly forms for all Cadets: Please be aware that there is a new DIAA physical form that was just updated as of April 1, 2021. You can find the new form on the DMA website under the Sick Bay tab. Please make sure you take this form to your cadet’s annual physical appointment. This form is used even if your cadet does not play a sport. Also, the NJROTC Standard Release and Health Risk Screening forms will be due in the first few weeks of school in the fall. Please take the Health Risk Screening form to the appointment as well. Get it all filled out at once! These two ROTC forms are required for every year for each cadet. These forms are also located under the SICK BAY tab on the DMA website. If you have any questions, please contact Paige Dolan, RN at email@example.com.
- COVID-19 info: If you have questions regarding what to do if/when your cadet is positive for COVID, is a close contact of someone positive for COVID, or is returning to school/sports post-COVID, please refer to the SICK BAY tab on the DMA website to find this important information.
- Ninth-grade families: Over the next few weeks, the school nurse will be conducting hearing and vision screenings for any 9th-grade cadet present in school who potentially will have driver’s education for the first marking period. If your cadet wears glasses, please make sure they are bringing them to school until they have their screening completed. Delaware State Regulations require that hearing and vision screenings be completed within 1 year prior to starting driving time for driver’s education. The remainder of the class will have the screenings conducted during the first few months of school in the fall. You will only be notified if a referral is required due to not passing the screening. If you have any questions, please contact the school nurse.
We hope you have a great week and look forward to making the end of the year as special as possible for our cadets and families. As always, if there is anything we can do on our end to assist, please do not hesitate to reach out.