Good morning Seahawk Nation,
We hope you all had a relaxing and enjoyable Thanksgiving break with family and friends. We have a couple of weeks to go before the Christmas break which makes the second marking period very short. Cadets need to be on top of their assignments and communicate with their teachers to ensure successful completion of the first semester. The Administrative team will be meeting with cadets who are struggling academically to determine where additional resources and assistance may be necessary to remain in good standing at DMA.
Here is what we have going on at DMA!
The positive number of Covid-19 cases for the past three weeks (11/8-11/28) was fifteen (15). The total for the school year is forty-three (43). If you have signed your cadet up for Quidel Covid testing on Fridays, please make sure your cadet knows you have signed them up and that the testing is in the Dome event lobby. At 830am on Fridays, teachers will make an announcement in their classroom for cadets who are signed up for Covid testing to go to the Dome event lobby at that time. They will NOT be individually called from class, as we do not have the list of cadets signed up, the company conducting the testing has it. It is the cadet’s responsibility to go when the teacher announces it. Please reach out if you have any questions.
- We have to start out with a huge shout-out to our DMA Football Team who defeated Caravel in the quarterfinals 33-0! Our first two playoff wins in the program’s history! We now move on to the semi-finals this Saturday to play the #1 seed Archmere. The game is at 12:00 pm and we need the Seahawk Nation out in full force! Please purchase tickets early! They will sell out fast! https://Gofan.co/app/school/DIAA We are very proud of our players and coaching staff and will be your 12th man this Saturday! LET’S GO SEAHAWKS!!
- Congratulations to the Senior Math League Team in their defeat of Sussex Academy in the first round of competition, a close victory by a score of 5-4. Scoring for DMA in the first round included Evan McGee, Maria Puka, Giada MacNamara, McKenna Dineen, and Eric Pennington III.
- Calling all Chess players! Mrs. Rosaio is reigniting the Chess Club and is looking for anyone interested in playing. Beginners, intermediate or advanced players are all welcome! Please see Mrs. Rosaio if you are interested!
- The DMA Marching Seahawks were one of eleven local bands that participated in the New Castle County Band Festival on November 12th! They had an awesome show and represented DMA with great pride at the event. As with every Festival, bands are scored for Music, Marching, and General Effect, and our Seahawks recorded the top SUPERIOR Rank across all categories! Bravo Zulu!
- Junior Class it is time for your bling! Junior Class Rings for the Class of 2023 will be on sale on December 8th and 9th during all lunches. A representative from Balfour will be on hand to accept orders and measure any Junior who would like to purchase a ring. A minimum deposit of $70.00 must be provided (cash, check or credit card) to place the order. More details, including the class ring design, will be sent out via the Class of 2023 BAND later this week. Please email Mrs. Certesio with any questions.
- This is just a quick message from the Yearbook Editorial Staff: Now is the perfect time to purchase your 2021-2022 yearbook before the next price increase. With the holidays around the corner, what perfect gift to give than one filled with memories of the school year? Head to yearbookordercenter.com and enter our school order #16925 to order yours today. For our parents and guardians of the Class of 2022, don’t forget to add your ‘Senior Baby Ad’ to your yearbook order today before the deadline passes!
Well, that is it from DMA for now, so you can get back to your Cyber Monday shopping! Have a great week and as always, if we can be of assistance, please do not hesitate to reach out!