Good morning Seahawk Nation,
We hope you had a nice weekend, here is what is happening at DMA.
- The positive number of Covid-19 cases for the past two weeks (11/29-12/12) was one (1). The total for the school year is forty-six (46). Two were late reports from over Thanksgiving break.
- DMA is looking for a full-time custodian. Qualified applicants should have custodial experience, as well as some general handyman skills. If you or anyone you may know is interested, please have them submit their resume to email@example.com
- Interviews for the class of 2026 begin next week. The process is time-intensive, so if reaching out to a member of the Administrative team, please be patient. We will respond at our soonest convenience.
- There is a Board meeting tonight 6:00pm in Talley Hall.
- The holiday season is in full swing here at DMA and the Music Department sounds great! The DMA Concert Choir has performed in five events so far, including Rockwood Mansion and Museum, Christiana Hospital Veteran’s Day Memorial and our very own ‘Cookies with Santa’ event that was held last week. Anyone wanting to keep up with the DMA Music Department can follow @seahawksmusic on Instagram.
- We have had a rash of cadets showing up late. We will be enforcing hall/parking lot sweeps. Any cadet caught in the sweep will receive detention. They have all been made aware.
- A message from the PTA: We are very proud to report that DMA provided 100 grocery store gift cards to local Veterans and National Guard families for the holidays! Many thanks for the generous donations and continued support. There’s no better time than the holidays to support those in need right in our own community. Thank you DMA families and staff! Just a quick reminder that we will not be having a PTA meeting this month. We hope to see you at our next meeting on January 20, 2022. Also – Save the Date! Our Designer Bag Bingo event will be Saturday, March 26th in the Mess Hall, so keep an eye out for more info coming soon!
- Next Monday, December 20th, the guidance department will be hosting a college workshop for seniors called “Paying for College: Scholarships.” The workshop will be presented by Stand Be Me and will take place in the Mess Hall at 6:30pm. We hope to see you there!
- Advanced Placement Exam invoices should be distributed to cadets this week. Please note that they are on blue paper to reduce confusion with Dual Enrollment payments. Payments are due on March 4, 2022, but cadets are encouraged to make payment as soon as they are able. Please contact Mrs. Tocyloski at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions or concerns. Dual Enrollment payments for cadets taking a Spring Dual Enrollment course will be distributed in February. Please hold your payments until invoices have been distributed.
- Sports Report: Congratulations to the Wrestling team who finished in 2nd place at The Milford Invitational. Congratulations to the Boys’ Basketball team who defeated Hodgson. Congratulations to the Girls’ Basketball team who defeated Hodgson. Congratulations to the Ice Hockey team who defeated Middletown 10-0
We hope you have a great week and let’s have a strong finish to 2021! Remember, the end of the 1st semester is right around the corner!