Good morning Seahawk Nation,
We hope you all had a good weekend and are ready for Christmas and the holiday season! We at DMA are also ready for a break, as it has been full speed since the start of the year!
Here is what we have going on leading into the break:
- We had over one hundred cadets volunteer for Wreaths Across America this past weekend. This was a great display of our cadets promoting our “Three Ships” – Citizenship, Leadership and Scholarship. BRAVO ZULU CADETS!
- This evening, the Guidance Department will host a college planning workshop on Scholarships, presented by Stand By Me. The workshop is open to all grade levels, but recommended for Seniors and Juniors, and their parents. We hope to see you tonight at 6:30pm in the Mess Hall.
- The positive number of Covid-19 cases for last week (12/13-12/19) was two (2). The total for the school year is forty-eight (48). Overall, the State has seen an increase in Covid-19 cases, as well as cases of the flu.
- Wednesday, December 22nd is an asynchronous day for the cadets. There is no in-person instruction on this day.
- Sports Report, from the desk of Mr. Jeanne:
- Congratulations to the Wresting team who had an excellent performance at the “Beast to the East” this past weekend at the University of Delaware.
- Congratulation to the Boys Basketball team who is off to a good start of the season with a 1-1 record.
- Congratulations to the Girls Basketball team who is off to a good start of the season with a 5-0 record.
- Congratulations to the Swim team who defeated Sussex Academy this past week.
- Congratulations to the Indoor Track team who had a great performance at the Ursinus Invitational. Special shoutout to Quinn O’Dell who broke the 3K school record with a time of 9:21.
- The Ice Hockey team continues to grow and perform at a high level. The team suffered a tough loss 3-2 to AI DuPont.
- Congratulations to the following cadets who signed their Nation Letter of Intent we are extremely proud of you!
- Matthew Woodall – Chatham University (Boys Lacrosse)
- Kaitlyn Hess – Stevenson University (Track & Field)
- Lilly Wenzel – Washington College (Softball)
- Lexie Delcollo – Salisbury University (Softball)
- Adriana Palladinetti – Ursinus College (Field Hockey)
- Quinn O’Dell – St. Joseph’s University (Cross Country and Track & Field)
Enjoy the holidays with family and friends, stay healthy and stay safe! See you in 2022!