Good morning Seahawk Nation,
Happy New Year to everyone! We have two weeks to go until the end of the first semester, so please ensure you are following up with your cadet, monitoring HAC, and communicating with your cadet’s teachers regarding their academic standing.
Last week, we sent out detailed information regarding Covid protocols and what the plan would be should we hit certain percentages/thresholds. We are hoping the positive cases do not put us in that predicament, but we will be prepared nonetheless. We also have been lucky enough to find a long-term substitute to help us through our shortage, but if any of you are interested in substituting on an as needed basis, please reach out to me for further details. Anthony.firstname.lastname@example.org
The positive number of Covid-19 cases for the past few weeks (12/20/21- 1/9/22) is forty-six (46). The total for the school year is ninety-five (95).
- Each year, members of the United States Congress are charged with nominating top candidates from their home state, ensuring the best and the brightest are considered for admission to the nation’s leading service academies. “I am proud to nominate this excellent group of Delaware students to our nation’s service academies,” said Senator Carper, a 23-year veteran of the Navy. “These outstanding students demonstrate the kind of exceptional integrity, intelligence, and dedication that will equip them to become our nation’s future leaders. These young Delawareans have overcome so many obstacles — including those that came with the pandemic— and I am so proud of their perseverance and commitment to public service.” Congratulations to the following cadets on their nominations! United States Naval Academy, Seth Lawrence, United States Military Academy in West Point, Joshua Brennan, United States Merchant Marine Academy in Kings Point, Robert Pistoria & Seth Lawrence. BRAVO ZULU to these cadets and congratulations thus far in the process!
- Please join us next Thursday, January 20th at 6:30 pm in the Mess Hall for our first PTA meeting of the new year. We will also be offering a Zoom link for those who’d rather be virtual.
As a friendly reminder, all parents volunteering at school must have a Covid vaccination card on file in the office OR show proof of a negative test according to State of Delaware regulations.
- Congratulations to the Senior Math League Team who defeated Glasgow High School this past week by a score of 5-4, and to the Freshmen Team who defeated Odessa High School by a score of 4-3 (via tiebreaker). Scoring for the teams were McKenna Dineen, Christopher Thomas, Jordan Behnke, Kevin Malone, and Linhy Dewson. Both teams are now 2-1-1 on the season.
- A message from the Yearbook Staff: With the start of the New Year, this update is a quick message to let you know that the purchase opportunity for the ‘add-on’ of a personalization plate will close in one week. Anyone wishing to personalize their cadet’s yearbook in any way will need to make their purchase prior to 1/17. After that time, you will still be able to purchase a yearbook, but you will be unable to personalize the yearbook for your cadet. This is especially important to many of our Seniors and we wouldn’t want you to miss out on this opportunity. Please follow the link to yearbookordercenter.com and use our school order #16925 to follow the prompts. This is also a good time to purchase your ‘Senior Baby Ads’. With our next price increase happening right around the corner, don’t delay in purchasing your yearbook today!
- Community service day has moved from February 7th to February 14th. There is no school on this day.
- AD Report: The next Sports Booster Club meeting will take place this Thursday, January 13th at 6:30 pm in the Dome, room FH5.
- Congratulations to the Wrestling team who finished 2nd at the Delcastle Invitational.
- Congratulations to Messai Maynor who won the 55m dash, as well as came in 2nd in the 200m dash, and Quinn O’Dell who finished 2nd in the 3000m run at the Collegeville High School Invitational at Ursinus College
- Cadets interested in joining the Blue Gold Club should email Mr. Jeanne at email@example.com The Blue Gold club will hold its first meeting on Wednesday, January 19th. More information to come.
We hope you have a great week, stay healthy and please stay up to date on my Band app concerning the freezing temperatures forecasted for tomorrow.