Good morning Seahawk Nation,
We hope you had a nice weekend! As you know, we are wrapping up the first semester and finals are this week. Cadets are authorized to wear DMA PT gear. DMA PT gear is the Navy-issued sweats/shorts/tee that every cadet has received or should have received. Cadets who have outgrown, lost, or what have you, should have spoken with their NSI about getting a new set. Cadets are to wear sneakers/tennis shoes. Cadets are not permitted to wear Uggs, slippers, moccasins, boots, or any other footwear. Cadets who do not have the PT gear are to wear their peanut butters without ribbons during finals. Any cadet wearing anything other than the uniform authorized will receive punitive consequences. Please ensure your cadet has the correct uniform and avoid unnecessary stress. Thank you.
Here is your intel report for the week:
- The positive number of Covid-19 cases for the past week (1/18/22- 1/23/22) is twenty-six (26). The total for the school year is one hundred sixty-three (163).
- Rounds three, four and five of interviews for the Class of 2026 will be held this week. We have a record number of applicants, and therefore we have had to reach out to several Staff members to assist in the interview process. We will return emails and phone calls at our earliest opportunity.
- Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday are half-days. The day ends at 11:20am. Cadets who are leaving early or arriving late must have a signed note from their parent.
- Testing Information: AP Exams: Please keep the following dates in mind if you/your cadet is participating in an AP course this school year. The Spring exam schedule will be as follows:
- AP Calculus AB & BC-May 9th at 8:00am
- AP Biology-May 11th at 12:00pm
- AP Physics- May 12th at 12:00pm
- Please make note of these dates/times in an effort to avoid scheduling conflicts. Please contact Mrs. Tocyloski with any questions. Additional information will be coming out as the test date approaches. Students should check their school emails for testing information updates from Mrs. Tocyloski as the assessment nears.
- AP Exam Payments: AP Exam invoices were distributed in December on blue paper. Payments are due no later than March 4th.
- Dual Enrollment Payments: Cadets who are scheduled to take Dual Enrollment courses during the spring semester will be receiving their invoices at the end of February.
- SAT School Day and PSAT 10 Test Administration: The SAT School Day (11th graders) and PSAT 10 (10th graders) test administration will completed digitally on March 23rd on campus. In preparation for this event, it is very important that all cadets have a functioning Chromebook that holds a charge. If you/your cadet has an issue with their Chromebook, it’s critical that they discuss it with Mr. Grant as soon as possible. More information about this test administration will be distributed closer to test day.
- Sports Report:
- Congratulations to the swim team who defeated MOT Charter and Odessa High School.
- Congratulations to the wrestling team who defeated Newark Charter.
- Congratulations to the boys’ basketball team who defeated First State Military Academy
- Congratulations to the girls’ basketball team who defeated First State Military Academy
- Congratulations to the indoor track team who had an excellent performance at the Armory Indoor Track Invitational.
- Coaching Opportunity: DMA is looking for a Head JV Softball coach and Head JV Girls Lacrosse coach. Interested candidates should email resume and letter of interest to Mr. Jeanne at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Save the Date: The Spring Meet the Coaches meeting will take place Tuesday, February 1st at 6:30pm in the Dome.
- The 16th Annual DMA Golf Outing will take place June 17th at Odessa National. More information to follow.
- The Annual Athletic Award ceremony will be held on Wednesday, May 25th at 6:30pm.
As you can see, there is a lot happening in and around DMA, and so much more to come in the future. We continue to look for ways to make DMA the premier school in the state and work to get 1% better each and every day.