Good morning Seahawk Nation,
Okay, I think we have had our fair share of the cold! Ready for Spring over here!
Today marks the start of the Second Semester. New classes, new teachers, and new classmates. Looking forward to a great second half of the year!
Just a couple of “Need to Knows” for the week:
- The positive number of Covid-19 cases for the past week (1/24/22-1/30/22) is ten (10). The total for the school year is one hundred seventy-three (173).
- An Academic Information Night will be held this evening in McDonald Hall from 6:30 pm-7:30 pm. Due to the current Covid-19 numbers, this evening will be an Open House style event to limit large group gatherings. Handouts and information will be provided at the door; no whole group presentation will occur. This evening, parents/ cadets will have the opportunity to speak with a variety of teachers about potential course options for the next school year. Families who join us tonight will be able to visit teachers in the Mess Hall/Drill Deck (a map will be provided) at their leisure during the event this evening. All information from this evening, including the original presentation, will be added to the DMA Guidance webpage later this week. We look forward to seeing you this evening!
- Sports Report: Congratulations to the wrestling team who defeated Salesianum High School and Conrad School of Science.
- The Spring sports “Meet the Coaches” will take place in the Dome tomorrow – Tuesday, February 1st at 6:30pm.
- Registration for Spring sports is now open. If your cadet is interested in participating in a Spring sport, please use the link below to register. Please note that the deadline to register is Saturday, February 26th. https://www.familyid.com/delaware-military-academy-sports-boosters-club/delaware-military-academy-2022-spring-athletic-registration
We hope you have a great week and look forward to solidifying the Class of 2026 by the end of February!