Good morning Seahawk Nation,
Welcome back to the week. We hope your cadet had a chance to get out in the community yesterday and give back for a couple of hours. Feel free to send in your pictures if you have any, and we will get them posted on the website.
Here is what we have happening at DMA:
- Every morning during Black History Month, we are recognizing black people who are making or made a positive difference in our country. The program is running nicely and it may be something we continue throughout the remainder of the year, recognizing leaders and folks who are making or made a difference, regardless of their color, creed, religion or sexual orientation.
- Last Thursday, we had our grade level assemblies to kick off the Second Semester. We also discussed behavior and the fact that discipline issues will negatively affect a cadet’s enrollment status, prom, trips, and other events that are a privilege at DMA.
- The positive number of Covid-19 cases for the past two weeks (1/31/22-2/13/22) is three (3). The total for the school year is one hundred seventy-six (176).
- A message from the PTA: Please join us for our February PTA meeting this Thursday, February 17th at 6:30 pm in the Mess Hall. We are happy to announce that Mr. John Grant, our School Counselor will be with us to speak on a “Mental Health Focus.” For those who may not be able to make it in person, please use the following zoom link:https://us02web.zoom.us/j/88504652773?pwd=aEljaURrcW9wVXpjcGUxZi9JV3FVZz09 Also, for all our Bingo fans, the Designer Bag Bingo originally scheduled for March 26th has been postponed. Please stay tuned for a new date! As always, go to dma.pta.net for all things PTA!
- Thursday, February 24th and 25th is DMA’s Annual Military Inspection. AMI is the formal inspection conducted by the Department of the Navy which allows us to maintain our Distinguished Unit with Academic Honors rating and our service academy nominations. Friday, February 25th is the portion of the inspection in which the Inspecting Officer will “Troop the Line.” Dismissal on Friday, February 25th will be at 11:20am.
- A message from the Dean of Instruction: Information on upcoming PSAT/SAT administration:
- All 10thgrade (PSAT 10) and 11th grade (SAT) students will be participating in a College Board Assessment on March 23rd at DMA. These tests will be conducted using their DMA issued Chromebook rather than the traditional pencil and paper administration. If you/your cadet is experiencing any issues with your Chromebook, it is critical to see Mr. Grant as soon as possible.
- Below are a few links that provide additional information about the test and what students can expect:
- SAT Digital Testing Student Guide: https://digitaltesting.collegeboard.org/pdf/sat-student-guide-digital-testing.pdf PSAT Digital Testing Student Guide :https://digitaltesting.collegeboard.org/pdf/psat-10-student-guide-digital-testing.pdfAdditional Information for students including practice and materials to bring checklist: https://digitaltesting.collegeboard.org/for-students/practice
- Information on College Board Acceptable Calculators: https://satsuite.collegeboard.org/sat/what-to-bring-do/calculator-policy
- Athletic News:
- Congratulations to our wrestling team who took 2nd place at the 2022 DIAA wrestling Duals Championship. We are very proud of our wrestlers and coaches!
- Congratulations to our girls swim team who defeated Wilmington Friends 90-77 and Tatnall 79-50.
- Congratulations to our boys basketball team who defeated Archmere 48-45.
- Congratulations to our girls basketball team who defeated Christiana 52-16.
- Congratulations to our ice hockey team who defeated Delco and Middletown 12-1.
- Good luck to our indoor track& field and swim team as they compete at states this week.
- Try-outs for Spring Sports will begin Monday, February 28th. Registration on FamilyID will close this Saturday, February 26th. If you have not registered yet, please do so by using this link: Spring Sports Registration
We hope you have a great rest of the week and can’t wait for warmer weather!