Good morning Seahawk Nation,
Big week for the Seahawks, as we make our final preparations for our Annual Military Inspection, which will be held this Thursday and Friday. The NJROTC department has been working hard alongside the cadets to ensure all the I’s are dotted and the T’s are crossed for a successful audit and inspection. As a reminder, cadets & staff will be dismissed on Friday at 11:20am.
Here are some other “Need to Knows” as we close out February and welcome in March and hopefully warmer weather (not a fan of the cold!).
- There were NO COVID cases last week! Total cases for the year remain at one hundred seventy-six (176).
- Big game for boys’ basketball tonight as they take on Tower Hill tonight in a must-win game to make the postseason. The game is a white-out and we hope to see the Seahawk Nation out in full force and cheering POSITIVELY FOR DMA!
- We are incredibly proud of our cadets who have earned the distinction of Honor Roll for the first and/or second marking periods! If you wish to have an honor roll certificate printed to commemorate your cadet’s achievement, please complete the following request: https://forms.gle/Pron7UDQBhQJz7Bg7 Interested individuals will receive an email at the given address when your certificate is complete and ready for pick up. Please contact Mrs. Tocyloski at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.
- All 10th and 11th grade cadets who signed up, took the PSAT/NMSQT Exam in the Fall. Please review the following link for additional information about how students who took the PSAT/NMSQT exam can link their Khan Academy and College Board accounts to create a free custom SAT study plan. The custom study plan will be tailored to you based on your PSAT NMSQT results! Get more information at: https://signup.collegeboard.org/official-sat-practice/?SFMC_cid=EM674002-&rid=161084210
- It’s time to practice! College Board has released free downloadable full-length practice tests. Each practice test includes practice questions, an answer sheet, and answer explanations along with a scoring guide! The released tests can be found at https://satsuite.collegeboard.org/sat/practice-preparation/practice-tests?SFMC_cid=EM671196-&rid=161084210
- Final ring payments for the Class of 2023 are due prior to the ring ceremony on March 24th. A representative from Balfour will be in the Mess Hall on Tuesday, March 8th (this date has been updated by Balfour) during all three lunches to collect final payments. For all questions about balances, please contact Balfour at 856-786-1110 or via email at email@example.com Balfour will also be accepting payments via phone starting on 3/8/2022. The Junior Ring Ceremony will take place at DMA on Thursday, March 24th at 6:30pm.
- Athletic Update:
- Congratulations to our wrestling team on winning the 2022 DSAC Championship and finishing 2nd at the Independent Conference Championship. Gavin Mundy took 1st place at 106 pounds, Luke Spoor took 1st place at 152 pounds and Tyler August took 1st place at 220 pounds. Good luck this weekend at the DIAA Individual State Championships.
- Good luck to the Swim team who will compete at the State meet this Thursday.
- Congratulations to our girls’ basketball team who finished the season 12-8 and earned a playoff berth.
- Congratulations to our boys’ basketball team who defeated Charter School of Wilmington and MOT Charter.
- Congratulations to our Indoor Track team who had an excellent showing at the State meet this past weekend. All of our athletes PR’d in their respective events.
- Congratulations to our Head Baseball Coach Aaron Lewis who received notice that he will be inducted into the Delaware Baseball Hall of Fame in June 2022.
- Congratulations to our ice hockey team who continues to have a great season with a 10-4 record.
- Spring sports try-out will begin Monday, February 28th. Registrations must be completed on Family ID by Saturday February 26th. Please use the link below https://www.familyid.com/delaware-military-academy-sports-boosters-club/delaware-military-academy-2022-spring-athletic-registration
We hope you have an outstanding week and thank you to all the families who have joined the PTA! Your support is critically important to our association and enables these parent volunteers to do so much, which directly benefits our cadets and staff. If you haven’t signed up yet, please do so. Easy to do, just click the link! https://2021-2022-dma-pta-membership-and-dues-copy.cheddarup.com