Good morning Seahawk Nation,
As they say in the Reese’s Peanut Butter Cup commercial, “Not sorry”, to see the winter months behind us! Looking forward to the spring, warmer temperatures and more daylight! Congratulations to Tyler August who won the 220-pound State Championship Saturday night! Tyler is now the third individual State Champion in DMA wrestling, but I believe the first to be a State Champion in two sports (baseball). We are all very proud of you Tyler and the commitment and dedication you have shown, not only on the field and wrestling mat, but the classroom as well. Keep working hard! BRAVO ZULU!
- Speaking of working hard, our cadets did an outstanding job during last week’s Annual Military Inspection. Our cadets were prepared, confident and were true ambassadors to the NJROTC program. A shout out to the NJROTC Instructors for readying the cadets and ensuring all of the administrative paperwork needed for such an event was completed and accurate. We do not have our results back, but we are confident, based on our cadets’ performance and feedback from our Inspector, Captain Ben Feril that we should remain a Distinguished Unit with Honors! Job well done by all hands! Click the link to see Friday’s event https://youtu.be/zChXhN_eho0 We also will make good on our promise to reward the cadets for them understanding the magnitude of this event and following through on what was sked of them. We gave them a dress down/spirit day today and will be coming up with something additional to recognize their accomplishment, as soon as we have the official word.
- The 16th Annual DMA Golf Outing website is now live! The event will be held June 17th at Odessa National and it is always a great time! Returning players know what I am talking about and new players we welcome you to join the fun! This event does sell out quickly, so we encourage you to sign up your foursome now, before it is too late! We are also looking for event sponsors, so if you own a company or you feel like your employer would be interested in sponsoring the event, please reach out to me directly at email@example.com. I will provide you with all the information, as well as the sponsorship package. This event directly supports DMA Athletics and helps to offset the expenses needed to run and maintain successful athletic programs. Click here to register your foursome! https://dma-golf-outing-2021.perfectgolfevent.com/
- The parking enforcement official (me) was out last week and documented many vehicles parked illegally on DMA’s campus. All cadets parking on campus must have a parking permit. Please ensure that your cadet’s vehicle is properly permitted this week. Any questions, please contact Mrs. Taylor at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- From the Yearbook Staff: The deadline for our Senior parents and guardians to purchase ‘Baby Ads’ is tomorrow! Anyone still needing to do that must have their ad submitted by close-of-business tomorrow 3/1. We are also looking for photo submissions for the following yearbook spreads:
- DMA Pets (cadets and staff with their pets)
- DMA After Hours (cadets and staff having fun and keeping busy outside of school)
- Anyone with photos for these themes can send them to email@example.com, and we thank you for helping to make this another fantastic yearbook.
- The DMA Drill Team, commanded by Cadet Ensign Maxie Matthews competed in the 2022 Sterling High School Charity Drill meet in Somerdale, NJ with thirteen other schools. The Armed Platoon, commanded by Cadet Lieutenant Junior Grade Giada MacNamara placed 2ndoverall, the Academic Team, commanded by Cadet Lieutenant Commander Seth Lawrence placed 2ndoverall, and the Physical Fitness Team consisting of Joshua Gutzmirtl, Zak Ward, BJ Alleyne, Maxie Matthews, Kendall Reid, and Mira Mistry placed 2nd
- The two man armed exhibition drill team comprised of Cadet Captain Joshua Gutzmirtl and Cadet Lieutenant Jake Botterbusch competed in the 2022 North Augusta High School Riverfront Armed Exhibition Drill Competition and finished 2ndplace overall.
- We are incredibly proud of our cadets who have earned the distinction of Honor Roll for the first and/or second marking periods! If you wish to have an honor roll certificate printed to commemorate your cadet’s achievement, please complete the following request: https://forms.gle/Pron7UDQBhQJz7Bg7. Interested individuals will receive an email at the given address when your certificate is complete and ready for pick up. Please contact Mrs. Tocyloski at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.
- AP exam payments are due on March 4th. All cadets enrolled in an AP class are required to participate in the AP exams. If you need an additional copy of your invoice, please contact Mrs. Tocyloski at email@example.com.
- Dual Enrollment Invoices will be distributed this week for cadets participating in a Spring Dual Enrollment class.
- Athletics Report:
- Spring sports begin today! Good luck to all the spring athletes on a successful and injury free season!
- Congratulations to the girls’ basketball team who made the post-season! They play St. Marks this Wednesday at 7:00pm. Click the link to get your tickets! https://gofan.co/app/school/DIAA Good luck girls!
- Good luck to the ice hockey team who will play in the playoffs tomorrow night at 6:40PM at The Patriot Ice Center.
Whoever actually read this all the way to the end, I commend you! We know there is a lot of information coming your way, but for the most part it is all good and will keep you in the know about all things DMA! Always here if we can answer anything additional or provide you with any assistance you may need to make the DMA experience better!