Good morning Seahawk Nation,
Welcome back to week two of the school year. We had an outstanding first week, capped off with a very respectful and meaningful 9/11 tribute. We cannot emphasize enough how important it is to never forget that fateful day twenty years ago. Our cadets showed maturity, reverence and respect; and all in attendance could not say enough about their behavior, appearance and maturity. We applauded the Regiment during lunch and believe in positive reinforcement when our cadets do the right thing and represent DMA in a first class manner. Therefore, this week we will be doing something to reward them for the way they represented DMA. As soon as we iron out the details, we will share it with you and them! BRAVO ZULU to all hands on putting together such a significant event in three days!
Here is what we have happening this week:
Each Monday, we will share with you the amount of total positive Covid-19 cases from the previous week. Our total amount of cases for last week was (0). Anyone considered a close contact will be contacted by DPH. We cannot consider a home test valid based on DPH policy.
- COVID-19 information: Please look on the DMA website for information about DMA’s policy regarding COVID-19. It has some helpful information about testing positive or being a close contact, and what tests are valid for school purposes. Also, https://curative.comand https://coronavirus.delaware.gov/testing/are both free and valid testing options. You usually have to make an appointment for these places.
- The Annual Title 1 meeting will be held this Wednesday, September 15th at 6:00pm in the Mess Hall.
- There is a PTA meeting, this Wednesday, September 15th at 6:30pm in the Mess Hall.
- There is a SBC meeting next Thursday, September 22nd at 6:30pm in the Dome (FH-5)
- Thursday, September 16th is Underclassmen Picture Day. Foschi Studios will be here to photograph our underclassmen for the yearbook and portraits will be available for parents to purchase. If you would like to purchase school pictures for the 2021-2022 school year, please complete the order form and send it with your cadet on Thursday, along with payment. All underclassmen were given picture day forms this morning in 1st
- We will have a Navy simulator on sight this Wednesday for our cadets to use during ROTC class. The simulator is a great way for cadets to see and experience some of the Navy’s technology, as well as some really cool simulations. We will be sure to send pics!
- Sports Report from the desk of Mr. Jeanne: Congratulations to our sports teams who are off to a great start! Remember to always show great sportsmanship! We want for our athletes, families and fans to consistently represent DMA with great respect and pride.
- Last week’s results: Football defeated Bonner and Prendergast High School 42 -14. Congratulations to Coach Lincoln on his first win as DMA’s Head Football Coach! We know this is just the start!
- Field Hockey defeated William Penn 6-2 and Delcastle 9-0
- Boys Soccer defeated Concord 5-2
- Volleyball defeated Pleasant 3-0
- Boys Cross Country finished 2nd at The Lake Forest Invitational.
- Cheerleading attended the Pine Forest Cheerleading Camp. The team won the Superior Trophy for best performance.
- Football Game Tickets Presale: Tickets for this Saturday, September 18th home opener will be sold during lunch this week (Adults $5.00, Cadets/Students $3.00). This will be a sellout, so we encourage you to get your tickets ahead of time. We cannot guarantee tickets at the gate. Families can also purchase tickets online using the following link https://spicket.events/dma .
- Sports Pictures: Team Pictures will take place Friday, September 17th.
We look forward to another productive and fun week with the cadets. As always, please reach out with anything we can do to help your cadet meet and exceed expectations!