Good morning Seahawk Nation,
We had a very busy and productive week last week. DMA was bustling with activity, there was a lot of excitement and it was great to see cadets enjoying themselves. Of course with young people, you have to ensure they are acting appropriately and sometimes they have a tendency to get a bit overzealous. We will address those areas Wednesday at our grade level assemblies. In the interest of full transparency, those areas are appropriate behavior at sporting events, vaping and remaining in uniform door to door. None of these are new behaviors, but we want to ensure the cadets know and understand the consequences of choosing to behave in a manner inconsistent with DMA’s policies.
Here is your update for the week:
- The positive Covid-19 cases for last week (9/13-9/17) was one (1). The total for the school year is 1. All direct exposures have been notified.
- Reminder: Cadets/Staff are required to wear a mask while in class. Our cadets are doing a great job with this mandate. However, there are several cadets forgetting to bring a mask to school. Please keep a couple extra in their bag, as our supply of extras is running low. Families who would like to donate a box, please feel free. Thank you to the families who already have.
- We have a lot of excitement leading up to our elections for Student Government. This Thursday, at morning formation, candidates will address the Regiment as to why they should represent the student body. In the past, this was always does over announcements and not face to face. This is an excellent opportunity for those cadets to experience public speaking with a large audience. Voting will take place Friday morning. There will be no mail in ballots (too controversial).
- Thank you to all the families who attended our Back to School night last Thursday. It’s always a great opportunity to put a face with the name of your cadet’s teachers.
- Tonight is Service Academy Night beginning at 6:30pm in McDonald Hall. Any cadet interested in an Academy appointment, ROTC scholarship or direct enlistment should be in attendance.
- There is a SBC meeting this Thursday, 6:30pm in the Dome.
- This Saturday, we will have a contingent of cadets participating in Vet Fest in the town of Whitehall, Middletown. This event is designed to raise awareness regarding Veteran suicide. The event goes from 8:00am to 2:00pm.
- Sports Report: Last Week’s Results:
- Field Hockey defeated St. Elizabeth 8-0
- Boys Soccer defeated St. Elizabeth 8-0
- Football defeated Delcastle 58-6
- Cross Country had a strong showing at the Briarwood Invitational. Congratulations to Quinn O’Dell who finished 2nd.
- Congratulations to all of our teams and thank you to all the cadets, families and fans for attending our games.
- Anyone interested in participating in Ice Hockey, please contact Coach D’Angelo at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Save the Date – Winter Meet the Coaches: The Winter Meet The coaches will take place Tuesday, October 5th at 6:30 PM in the Dome.
We hope you have a great week and thank you for all the support, well wishes and positive reinforcement you have given to the Administration and Staff to start off the year! Little things go a long way! Know that we are here for you in any way possible!