Good morning Seahawk Nation,
Happy Monday morning to everyone! We hope you had a great weekend and are ready to go for another full week. We are wrapping up the month of September and overall, we have had an excellent start to the year. We stated multiple times during the summer, if and when we had the opportunity to return to in-person full-time instruction, that the plan was to re-establish the NJROTC program and tighten up the uniform/grooming standards, which we have done. The cadets have risen to the challenge and overall have done a remarkable job in their appearance and adhering to the standards. I commend the entire Regiment on a job well done! Now we must maintain that standard. Trust in the fact, our plans are well thought out and by design. With that being said, DMA believes in a, “Work Hard Play Hard” mentality, so we are planning an outstanding Spirit week, Pep Rally, and Homecoming for our cadets to reward them for the determination and effort they have put in thus far! Much more to follow in the upcoming weeks! Keep up the great work!
Here is your “Need to Know” report:
- The positive Covid-19 cases for last week (9/20-9/24) was two (2). The total for the school year is four (4). One was a late report from the previous week. All direct exposures have been notified.
- There is a DMA Board meeting tonight, 6:00 pm in Talley Hall.
- DMA’s Open House will take place on Saturday, October 16th from 9:00 am to 12:00 pm. Please help spread the word by sharing the attached document on your social media pages. We are anticipating a large turnout this year, but want to make sure everyone who has an interest in DMA has the opportunity to experience the Seahawk Nation in full force!
- DMA’s Color Guard led the Vet Fest Parade this past Saturday and presented our National Colors. Bravo Zulu to all cadets who represented DMA!
- Our Rep Visit Program starts this week! Representatives from Colleges, Universities, the Military, and Trade schools will begin visiting DMA this week to meet with interested Seniors! Through this program, Seniors have an opportunity to sign up and attend small group meetings at different times throughout the school day. Interested Seniors should look to the Class of 2022 Band App for the visit calendar and sign-up opportunities.
- All cadets are strongly encouraged to take advantage of our after-school Math and English tutoring. Tutoring is available two days each week for all cadets, regardless of who their Math and English teacher may be. Tutoring opportunities are available several times per week from the end of the school day until 4:00 pm.
Fusco Hall -FH3
Fusco Hall -FH5
Fusco Hall -FH3
Talley Hall -TH2
Fusco Hall -FH5
Fusco Hall -FH3
- SAT tutoring in Mathematics is available after school on Thursdays until 4:00pm. Junior cadets should take advantage of this opportunity to improve their math skills before the Spring SAT administration.
|Math- SAT Tutoring|
|McDonald Hall- MH5|
- A message from the PTA: Thank you to everyone who has helped out with our Friday PTA lunches so far, especially the first Chick-Fil-A lunch of the year. So sorry we ran a little short, but please know we will be better prepared for our next big Chick-Fil-A day on Friday, October 29th. Those chicken sandwiches sure are a favorite! Also, a special thanks to all who have stepped up to be our committee chairs this year. We couldn’t do what we do without our extraordinary volunteers. PTA now has a Band App. to assist with communication. https://band.us/@dmapta As a reminder, please visit dmapta.net for all PTA information regarding membership, volunteerism, upcoming events, and meeting information.
- A message from the Yearbook Staff: It is that time of year again! The yearbook online purchase window is open and ready for orders. Head to yearbookordercenter.com and use our order #16925 to follow the prompts to get your 2021-2022 Porthole ordered at the low introductory price. For our ‘Class of 2022′ parents and guardians, this also includes your opportunity to begin designing and purchasing the ever-popular ‘Senior Baby Ads’. Please be aware that if you choose to purchase a ‘Baby Ad’ for your Senior to be included in the yearbook, this does not come with a copy of a yearbook, so you must purchase the yearbook at an additional cost. With some of the exciting school events and sports competitions well underway, it is already shaping up to be a great year! We still welcome photo submissions from or Seahawk community, so if you have photos that you have taken of any of our school events or sports teams that you would like to send in to our staff, please submit them via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org and we will gladly add them to our photo library in our design system.
- From the desk of Mr. Jeanne: Last Week’s Results:
- Congratulations to the Football team who defeated Conrad 42-6.
- Congratulations to the Field hockey team who defeated Middletown 7-4
- Congratulations to the Boys Soccer team who defeated Newark 9-1.
- Congratulations to the Volleyball team who defeated Archmere 3-1
- Congratulations to the Cross Country team who had an amazing showing at the Six Flag Wild Safari Invitational. Quinn O’Dell 15:55 5k is the second-fastest 5k in DMA history only 6 seconds behind 2011’s Richie Mitten. That record is on notice! Freshman Ethan Walther’s 16:40 5k is a DMA Freshman Record by 42 seconds, topping 2009’s 17:22 run by Chris Pepe.
- The next Sports Booster Meeting will take place this Wednesday, October 6th at 6:30pm in the Dome in room FH5.
- The Winter Meet the Coaches meeting will take place Tuesday, October 5th at 6:30pm in the Dome.
- Sportsmanship: this is a friendly reminder that we expect our cadets, families and fans to show great sportsmanship while attending events on and off campus.
We hope you have a great week and are looking forward to October and all the exciting events that go along with the month!