Good morning Seahawk Nation!
We hope you all had a nice long weekend and are refreshed and ready for a busy week at DMA!
We want to say congratulations to the Inaugural HOF Class of 2022: CMC Charles Baldwin – Seahawk Legacy, Morgan Bahr – Military, Sam Lundin – Athletics, and Bethany Melo – Academics. Read more about them under our website’s HOF tab.
Here is what we have happening at DMA:
- Congratulations to our new Student Government President Isaac DiMaio and Vice President Danny Williams. These gentlemen have hit the ground running and organized their first event last Friday, a student only tailgate before the game. I know they have many great ideas and will be doing all they can to make DMA just that much better. Congratulations gentlemen!
- We celebrated our HOF Induction Friday night and are now moving right into Open House this Saturday! From there, we transition into Spirit Week and Homecoming. Avery busy two weeks ahead of us at DMA! Thank you to everyone who is assisting along the way to make these events top notch!
- Due to a printer breakdown at our photographers, our scheduled retakes for this Thursday, October 13thare tentatively rescheduled for Thursday, Nov. 3rd. We will keep you updated should anything change. Thank you for your patience.
- Wednesday, October 12th, all freshmen and select juniors will be taking PSAT Exams. Freshmen and juniors (who signed up) will be the only cadets reporting to school on Wednesday, October 12th for the PSAT exams. Testing room assignments will be posted in the Mess Hall.
- All freshmen will be taking the Digital PSAT 8/9 Exam. Please remind cadets to turn off their Chromebook and charge it on Tuesday night. Freshmen cadets will need their fully charged Chromebook for the assessment on Wednesday. Cadets should also bring their chargers as well. If you are experiencing any difficulties with your device, please see Mr. Grant today!
- Select juniors will be taking the PSAT National Merit Based Scholarship Qualifying Exam. This exam is a pen/paper exam. Please review the following link to see what to bring on test day (cadets will not need face covering) and acceptable calculators: https://satsuite.collegeboard.org/psat-nmsqt/taking-the-test/what-to-bring-leave
- Students should arrive on campus at regular time and will be dismissed at approximately 11:30. AM buses will be at normal time, and PM buses will dismiss at the conclusion of the exam. No early dismissals will be allowed on PSAT days. Cadets are authorized to wear PT Gear for the assessment. There is no school for students not participating in the exam on Wednesday. Please spend some time catching up on missing assignments!
- Homecoming Tickets are on sale this Monday through Thursday during both lunches. Tickets for the dance are $25.00, which includes your ticket to the football game. Dress down tickets for the week are also on sale for $5.00. The theme for each day will be announced later this week.
- Sports Report:
- The Field Hockey team defeated Appoquinimick 2-1 and MOT Charter 10-0 to remain undefeated in the season.
- The Volleyball team lost to St. Mark’s 3-0, Ursuline 3-1 and defeated Red Lion 3-1.
- The Football team lost to Malvern Prep 31-0.
- The Soccer team defeated Hodgson 8-0 and MOT Charter 8-1.
- The Cross Country team had multiple athletes earning medals at the Manhattan Invitational.
- DMA Cares Program: Cadets participated in our first “DMA Cares” community service of the year. Our cadets attended Richardson Park Elementary School to read books to their students. It was great to see our cadets serve as leaders and mentors. Bravo Zulu!
- Winter Sports Registration: Registrations for winter sports can be done using the link below. Please make sure to upload you updated sports physical. https://www.familyid.com/delaware-military-academy-sports-boosters-club/delaware-military-academy-2022-winter-athletic-registration
We hope you have a great week and look forward to an exciting Spirit Week and Homecoming for our cadets!