Good morning Seahawk Nation!
We had a full week last week and this week promises to be more of the same, with Spirit week, the Homecoming game and finally the Homecoming dance! Love to see the kids enjoying themselves and taking part in all the festivities.
- As most of you have heard or seen DMA was in the media last week for the use of an ineligible player in week one of the football season. To be clear, DMA did in fact play with an ineligible player. DMA did not intentionally play with an ineligible player, but we are not going to make excuses or point fingers at anyone else. As we tell the cadets all the time, mistakes happen. We are not perfect and have never claimed to be perfect. We learn from our mistakes, address the issue, administer the proper consequence, move forward and get better. DMA, when realizing our error, immediately self-reported, took the appropriate action and internally, administered fair and appropriate consequences. Safeguards have been put in place that this error (regardless of how we were informed) will not occur again. At the end of the day, there is absolutely no way DMA would risk our reputation for a game played by kids.
- This past Saturday DMA held our Open House for prospective cadets for the Class of 2027! The turnout was tremendous and the atmosphere was fever pitch with excitement! I want to again thank our Staff, Coaches, Parents and of course our cadets in helping orchestrate a magnificent and successful Open House! DMA truly does offer a unique and exciting high school experience and it is evident that folks in the community recognize and appreciate the dedication and effort by All Hands to make DMA a top tier educational choice. Thank you for continuing to do your part in the community by sharing the genuine and authentic way DMA operates.
- College Application Week 2022 is underway! As part of College Application Week, our cadets are learning about college and career opportunities and our seniors will be completing college applications during Naval Science this week. Today is “Ask Me Monday” where teachers will share their college experiences with the cadets and give them the opportunity to ask questions. We will hold our second senior workshop tonight at 6:30pm in the mess hall. This workshop will cover the basics of Paying for
- College, including an overview of the FAFSA and a discussion about how to find scholarships. No registration is required. We hope to see you tonight!
- Please join us this Wednesday evening for Trunk or Treat and the Powderpuff football game beginning at 5:30pm. Last year was our first year doing this and it was a huge hit! We had a great turnout last year and would love to have you join us again this year! Please email me directly for specific details if you would like to be a part of the fun!
- A message from the PTA: The PTA meeting will be this Thursday, October 20th at 6:30pm in the mess hall. Please join us to share ideas and discuss fall and winter activities.
- On Tuesday, October 25th, the Delaware School Counselors Association will hold their annual College and Career Fair at the University of Delaware’s Bob Carpenter Center from 6:00 pm to 8:00 pm. This fair will include hundreds of colleges from around the country, as well as provide information about military enlistment and other post-high school options. We encourage all our cadets, from grades 9 through 12 to attend. No registration is required!
- Spirit Week themes:
- Monday: Zoom Dress Day, (Business up top, casual below, as if you were in a Zoom call)
- Tuesday: Surfer vs Biker (Dress as a tropical surfer dude or a biker, your choice!)
- Wednesday: Hollywood Character Day (Dress as your favorite Hollywood character or celebrity!)
- Thursday: Country vs Country Club: (Cowboy Boots or Polo shirts with the collars popped)
- Friday: Color Wars
- The Homecoming football game is this Friday, October 22nd St. Mark’s beginning at 7:00pm. We expect a very large crowd for this game, so arrive early if you want to park on campus.
- The Homecoming Dance information will be a separate email later today!
- Sports Report:
- The Field Hockey team lost to Wilmington Charter 2-0 and Archmere 6-0. The team tied Concord at the Turf Bowl 2-2.
- The Boys’ Soccer team lost to Wilmington Charter 5-1, defeated St. Elizabeth 5-0 and tied Tower Hill 1-1.
- The Volleyball team lost to Newark Charter 3-1 and Padua 3-2.
- The Cross Country team finished first in D2 at the Joe O’Neill Invitational.
- Winter Sports Registration. Athletes interested in participating in winter sports should complete the registration on FamilyID. Registration will close Friday November 4th. Winter sports will begin Monday, November 7th.
We hope you have a great week and join us this Wednesday for some Trunk or Treating!