Good morning Seahawk Nation!
The last two weeks have been crazy busy! We have had Open House, College Application Week, Spirit Week, Pep Rally, the Homecoming Game and capped off with the Homecoming Dance. All good stuff for the cadets and community! Thank you to all of the parents who have been volunteering their time at DMA to ensure our cadets have a great experience in a safe manner.
Here is what we have happening at DMA:
- College Application Week is a wrap and it was a huge success! Our theme this year was “Oh, The Places You Will Go” and the cadets did a fantastic job digging into the college application process. Many of our seniors are already getting accepted and receiving scholarships! The goal of College Application Week is to guide and motivate our cadets to apply to college if it is part of their future planning. We crushed that goal and had over 180 applications submitted! We also have hundreds of career planning information slides created by our underclassmen that we will be able to display in the mess hall during lunch. And of course, the College Door Decorating Contest for our teachers was very well done with so many amazing doors. The Door Contest winner was Mrs. Bradley and her 2nd block class! They will be having a special breakfast party to celebrate their win! We want to thank our College App Week planning committee and all the cadets and staff who made it a sensation. We will have pictures up on the website soon recapping some of the action, so keep an eye out for that. Bravo Zulu!
- Congratulations to Adriana Ferreiro and Henry Kuratle who were named Homecoming Queen and King!
- The 2022 Pep Rally was last Friday and the cadets all seemed to have a great time! Thank you to the committee comprised of Kryzanowski, Ms. Kryspin, Mr. Jeanne, Ms. Limmina and Mrs. Watkins for all of your time and effort in organizing an awesome rally! The Senior Class won the Spirit Stick!
- Mid Terms:Cadets will be taking mid-term exams on Thursday and Friday of this week. Dismissal will begin at 11:20 on both exam days. Only cadets who are scheduled for an exam are required to be in attendance. If a cadet is leaving after the first exam block or entering school after the first exam block, they are required to have a signed parent note. If they are leaving with another cadet or parent, the note must give permission for them to leave with someone other than their parent or guardian. All cadets who are leaving early or arriving late must sign in (cadets should plan to arrive for 8:40) and out (at 9:30 after the conclusion of the first exam of the day) in the Mess Hall. Cadets are authorized to wear PT gear. If a cadet does not have an exam and is absent for the entire day, they should bring a note from home just like any other absence.
- Thursday (Block 1 & 2)
- Block 1 – 0720 to 0918
- Block 2 – 0922 to 1120
- Friday (Block 4 & 5)
- Block 4 – 0720 to 0918
- Block 5 – 0922 to 1120
- The DMA Marching Seahawks were up early on Saturday morning to head to Millersville, PA for the 25th Annual Millersville Parade, one of the largest in PA with over 150 participating groups. The band was invited to not only participate, but to be the lead band in the parade, kicking off the “Honor Division” which was established to honor our veterans, military and first responders. The Marching Seahawks did an exceptional job in their performance and marched close to 2 miles in this parade, one of the longest DMA has ever participated in. Great job representing DMA with pride and outstanding performance!
- Sports Report from Mr. Jeanne:
- Boys Soccer team defeated Newark Charter 4-1.
- Field Hockey team defeated Sanford 2-1.
- Volleyball team lost to Caravel 1-3 and defeated St. Elizabeth 3-0.
- Football team lost to St. Mark’s 7-14.
- Cross Country team defeated Conrad and Wilmington Friends in a home tri-meet.
- SBC is requesting donations for Stockings for Soldiers. The donation box is located in the Dome and donations will be collected through Wednesday, November 9th. Donation items needed are listed on stockingforsoldiers.com
- SBC is sponsoring two volunteer opportunities for Cadets. If interested, cadets should sign up using the link below. https://www.signupgenius.com/go/10C0B4DAEAE22A0FE3-stockings
- The DMA Orienteering Team participated in the 2022 NJROTC Area Four Orienteering Championship & Challenge. DMA’s team of Cadet Eric Pennington and Alaina Glaviano finished in the top 15 out of 95 competitors and Cadets Jack Chakwin and Alexandra Pullella finished just behind them. Great job on your participation and starting the orienteering program back up here at DMA!
We hope you have a great week and Let’s Go Phil’s!