Good morning Seahawk Nation!
We hope you all had an enjoyable weekend and are ready to take on the week ahead! As mentioned in my band alert yesterday, we will more than likely be going to DMA PT gear two or more times a week during the winter months. However, cadets must ensure they have the proper PT gear. Please ensure your cadet has a couple of sets of the Navy PT gear that was issued to them. If not, please purchase an additional set from Supply. As a reminder, only navy, white or grey hoodies are permitted under the navy crew sweatshirt and sneakers/tennis shoes must be worn.
Here is your daily update:
- SLOW DOWN! We nearly had an accident with a parent driver in the parking lot this morning. The speed limit on campus is 5MPH. We do a good job of moving traffic along expeditiously, and we understand everyone has places to be, but please be mindful that we are responsible for nearly 600 cadets and 50 staff members’ safety and well-being.
- Monday, December 12th DMA is closed for staff and cadets.
- We are planning a little something special for the cadets in the coming weeks. More to follow soon!
- Poinsettia plant pickup will be this coming Friday, December 9th from 2:45pm until 6:00pm in McDonald Hall. Parents and cadets, who placed an order for poinsettia plants, please pick up your plants in the mess hall. The door in the back of McDonald Hall will be open for you to come by and pick up your poinsettia plants. Thank you again for participating in the annual plant sale and if for any reason you are unable to pick up your plants on Friday, please email Master Chief King to make other arrangements at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Sports Report:
- The winter season is underway! This past weekend, the wrestling team finished 4th at the Ray Oliver Invitational. Boys Indoor Track team finished 3rd at the Ursinus High School opener. Girls Indoor Track team finished 19th at the Ursinus High School opener. Ice hockey defeated St. Mark’s 6-1 and girls basketball defeated Tri-State Christian Academy 41-26 and Caesar Rodney 40-27, to win the DMA Winter Classic! A great start to the season!
- Cadets handed out holiday gift cards at the Delaware National Guard headquarters – holiday food drive. $1,300.00 was collected and the cadets handed out sixty-five $20.00 grocery store gift cards to soldiers of the Delaware National Guard. DMA cadets once again representing DMA and the community in a first class manner.
- This past Friday night, the DMA Choir helped to usher in the season at the 22nd Annual Rockwood Park tree lighting ceremony. You can hear them again this Thursday at the Cookies and Cocoa with Santa event!
- From the desk of the school nurse Mrs. Dolan : Flu season is here, so I wanted to provide some information about influenza (flu), preventative steps and symptoms to be aware of. Make sure you cover your nose and mouth with a tissue when coughing or sneezing. Hand washing with soap and water or alcohol-based hand sanitizer is very important! Avoid touching eyes, nose, and mouth to prevent the spread of germs. Avoid close contact with sick people. The CDC recommends to stay home until 24 hours fever free (without use of fever-reducing medications), except to receive medical treatment. Symptoms of the flu are: fever, cough, sore throat, runny or stuffy nose, body aches, headaches, and fatigue. Some may experience vomiting and diarrhea also. Please rest and drink plenty of clear fluids to prevent dehydration with the flu or any virus. Please keep your cadet home if he or she has… a temperature >100.4 degrees in the past 24 hours, vomited or had diarrhea in the past 24 hours, and/or a severe sore throat, cough, chest congestion or nasal drainage that is persistent. Once your cadet is 24 hours fever free without the use of fever-reducing medications, he or she can return to school. Stay healthy!
- We have had an increase of cadets abusing their Free & Reduced Lunch Card privileges. If a cadet is found to be sharing their card with other cadets to use, he/she will automatically lose their card privileges and have their card confiscated for the remainder of the school year. If a cadet loses or misplaces their card, it should be reported to Mrs. Galinskie immediately.
We hope you have a great week and please let us know if there is anything, we can do to make your DMA experience more rewarding!