Good morning Seahawk Nation,
Welcome back to a fall-like Monday morning! We had a very busy weekend with Open House this past Saturday! Great to see so many prospective new families out touring our campus and learning more about DMA! Special thank you to the PTA, all of the cadets, and parents who volunteered their time to assist us in making the Open House a first-class affair. Thank you to all of our Staff who familiarized new families with our curriculum, NJROTC program, athletic program, and the DMA way. We can’t do it without everyone working together! A great turnout and a huge success! Looking forward to the Class of 2026!
No sense in taking our foot off the gas now, here is what we have happening this week, leading into Spirit Week and Homecoming!
- The positive number of Covid-19 cases for last week (10/11-10/15) was two (2). The total for the school year is fourteen (14).
- Senior parking spaces will be on sale today, Tuesday and Wednesday. Spaces are $25.00 and your design must be approved by the Commandant prior to painting. We will be painting spaces this Saturday, October 23rd from 9:00am to 3:00pm. Come out and join in the fun! PTA will be here with hot chocolate, doughnuts, and music!
- Homecoming tickets and dress-down tickets will be on sale Tuesday through Friday. Dance tickets are $20.00 and dress-down ticket for the week is $5.00.
- Interested in a career in law? Want to be an attorney? Have you watched every episode of Law & Order and know you can be a witness or an attorney? Then join the Mock Trial Club. We will take part in a Criminal Trial competition in early March. See Mrs. Soltow in MH-6 to sign up to get more information.
- The Science Olympiad Club will be starting soon! If you are interested in any area of science and would like to participate in the 2022 competition, please see Mrs. Soltow in MH-6 and you can select your event(s) and begin the work.
- PTA: Please join us this Thursday evening the 21st at 6:30pm in the mess hall for our next general PTA meeting. We will be sticking to an agenda, so we aim to be done in one hour. Hope to see you there! We are also looking forward to our next big Chick-Fil-A sale at lunchtime on Friday, October 29th. To be better prepared and ensure we have ample sandwiches, please see the attached link to complete a pre-order. https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1unelcejnKcvmdb6yKITxnubmoVx6woXS6J6lrxL-auM/edit
- The guidance department will be sponsoring a workshop on “How to Pay for College” for our seniors and their parents TONIGHT. The workshop will be presented by Stand By Me (Delaware Higher Education partner) at 6:30pm in the mess hall. No pre-registration is required.
- Fall Dual Enrollment Payments: Payment invoices will be distributed this week and next week to all cadets taking a DTCC Dual Enrollment course during the first semester. Payment for the course is a total of $210 per course ($70 per credit for a 3-credit course). Once your student secures their invoice, payment may be submitted to Mrs. Tocyloski or the main office. Please submit payment via check made payable to Delaware Military Academy. Electronic payments cannot be accepted. Please contact Mrs. Tocyloski if you have any questions.
- Sports Report:
- Congratulations to the Football team who defeated Howard Vo-tech 28-20 to remain undefeated in the season. Congratulations to the Boys Soccer team who defeated Tower Hill 2-0.
- Congratulations to Adriana Palladinetti who recorded 44 saves vs. Division I, Number 1 Ranked Charter School of Wilmington on October 11th. Adriana is now ranked second Nationally all-time for most Field Hockey saves in a single game. Please click the link to view the full article. https://www.delawareonline.com/story/sports/high-school/2021/10/18/all-time-effort-dma-goalies-44-save-game-ranks-second-nationally/8457488002/
- Winter Sports: The start of the Winter Sports season is nearly approaching. Try-outs will begin Monday, November 8th. Anyone interested in participating needs to register on FamilyID. Please use the link below: https://www.familyid.com/programs/delaware-military-academy-2021-winter-athletic-registration
- Friday Night Football Game at St. Mark’s: St. Mark’s has asked for spectators to register prior to attending the game this Friday. Pease use the link below: https://stmarkshs.myschoolapp.com/podium/default.aspx?t=36644&rid=40196
The Staff has been holding two-a-days in the evening in preparation for the Staff vs. Senior game on Wednesday, October, 27th. Ms. Kryzanowski and Mrs. Watkins are probably two of the most vicious inside linebackers we have seen and Mr. Jeanne was spotted in the weight room throwing the twenty-pound dumbbells around like nobody’s business, so needless to say the seniors will have their hands full come game time! We hope you can come out and join us for a fun-filled evening. Thank you to all of the parents who volunteered to do trunk-or-treat to make the night even more exciting for our kids!
Have a great week and please check your cadets’ HAC to ensure work is turned in, assignments are completed and they are meeting the standards, as the first marking period comes to a close. We are here to assist, so please reach out with any questions or concerns you may have!