Good morning Seahawk Nation,
Welcome to Spirit Week and our cadets’ Homecoming! Our cadets have been looking forward to and are very excited for this week. We are happy they are finally able to be back and enjoy all the social activities that make high school a memorable time. Our cadets have absolutely earned this week and we look forward to enjoying the week alongside them. Thank you to our Student Government, our parents, and our staff who have all put in many additional hours to make this week extra special for our cadets. Our Homecoming Dance is going to be massive with over six hundred in attendance! A special thank you to Beyond by Aerus who will be sanitizing both the Mess Hall and Dome for our dance to reduce the chances of spreading germs. We will also have an outdoor space for our cadets to gather, take off their masks, and get fresh air. We do need additional chaperones, so if you enjoy really loud music, this is the event for you! Please email Rachel Taylor @ Rachel.email@example.com if you are willing to give up your Saturday night! As they say when soliciting funds, “It’s for the kids!” Who can say no to that?!?!
Here is what is happening at DMA:
- There is a DMA Board meeting this evening at 6:00pm in Talley Hall.
- The positive number of Covid-19 cases for last week (10/18-10/22) was three (3). The total for the school year is seventeen (17).
- Fall Dual Enrollment Payments: All cadets enrolled in Fall DTCC Dual Enrollment classes should have an invoice by the end of the day today. Invoices are printed on hot pink paper (this will be important to note when AP Invoices are released later this year). Dual enrollment payments should be given to Mrs. Tocyloski or the main office no later than November 19th. Payments can be made via check payable to Delaware Military Academy. Please contact Mrs. T if you have any questions. The first class that turns in 100% of their payments will be rewarded with a special treat!
- Last week, many of our seniors completed college applications and many have started to get acceptances already! If you have been accepted to a college or university, please make sure you provide a copy of your acceptance and scholarship letters to Mrs. Certesio ASAP! Bravo Zulu Class of 2022!!
- Delaware Military Academy represented proudly at this weekend’s 100th Anniversary Parade for the Wilmington Fire Department. The participants included a Color Guard, the Marching Seahawks Band, and an Unarmed platoon of over 20 volunteer cadets! The cadets performed flawlessly and left a lasting impression on all who attended this commemorative event. Bravo Zulu!
- We are looking forward to our Chick-Fil-A lunch this Friday, October 29th. We aim to be better prepared this week by having the correct number of sandwiches, so if you haven’t done so yet, please see the attached link to complete a pre-order by Tuesday the 26th. Thanks so much and again, please visit dmapta.net for all PTA information. https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1unelcejnKcvmdb6yKITxnubmoVx6woXS6J6lrxL-auM/edit
- Sports Report:
- Congratulations to the Football team who defeated St. Mark’s 35-7.
- Congratulations to the Volleyball team who defeated St. Elizabeth 3-1.
- Congratulations to the Boys Soccer team who defeated Red Lion 6-0 and Newark Charter 2-0
- Congratulations to the Field Hockey Team who defeated Red Lion 3-0
- Good luck to the Cross Country team who will compete in the Conference Championship meet tomorrow Tuesday, October 26th.
- Winter Sports: The start of the winter season is nearly approaching. Winter Sports will begin on November 8th. Please note that some teams may choose to begin November 15th, as many of our athletes would probably still be competing in the playoffs for Fall Sports. As a reminder, registrations need to be completed on FamilyID prior to trying out. Below is the link to access the registration: https://www.familyid.com/delaware-military-academy-sports-boosters-club/delaware-military-academy-2021-winter-athletic-registration
We hope you have a great week and we will send out separate notification this Wednesday regarding all matters related to the Homecoming football game Friday and dance Saturday! Keep an eye out for pics/video on our Band app, as we will do our best to share the week with you!