Good morning Seahawk Nation,
The last days of March have not gone out like a lamb whatsoever! Hoping April finally brings warmer weather! Here is what is happening at DMA this week:
- Re-enrollment letters are due tomorrow, March 29th. Letters not returned could jeopardize your cadet’s enrollment and their seat could be given to a student on the waiting list. It is critically important that we have the signed return letter on file.
- Congratulations to the Class of 2023 on their Ring Ceremony last Thursday evening. It was nice to be able to hold an event without restrictions. Next stop for this Junior Class- Commencement!
- Last week our Student Government cadets and Resilient Minds Club partnered to create “Mental Health Awareness” week for our cadets! Along with daily announcements supporting Mental Health Awareness and advocacy, each day saw a different spirited event. Tuesday, Paws for People brought 4 dogs on campus during lunch for cadets to pet and spend time with, as a stress relief in preparations for the SAT and Mid-terms. Thursday, the groups handed out stress relief toys, an assortment of stickers, and bookmarks with inspirational quotes to keep the spirits up, reduce anxiety, and spread positivity. Friday was a day of Kindness, where cadets were asked to do an act of kindness for another peer or teacher and share what that act was by writing it on a giant banner at lunch, to be displayed from the mezzanine this week. Altogether it was a great week for our cadets and we will soon have images to share on the website and through the band app. The Student Government and Resilient Minds Club appreciated everyone’s support and participation throughout the week. The Seahawk Nation will continue to look to support a positive narrative about mental health, increase the positive and supportive culture at DMA and create well-rounded cadets physically and mentally.
- From our Music Department: Cadet Mira Mistry did a phenomenal job representing DMA as the top Euphonium player in the Delaware All-State Band Concert this past Saturday at Dover High School. She joined students from all over the state for the event and fellow cadets even showed their support by making the trip down to support her at the concert! Bravo Zulu!
- Mid-terms are March 30th and 31st. Dismissal is at 11:20am each of those days. Only cadets who are scheduled for an exam are required to be in attendance during that exam block. If a cadet is leaving after the first exam block or entering school after the first exam block, they are required to have a signed parent note. If a cadet is leaving with another cadet or parent, the note must give permission for them to leave with someone other than their parent or guardian. If a cadet is absent for an entire day because they do not have exams scheduled, they should return the next school day (April 4th) with a signed note stating they did not have an exam, so their attendance can be updated. There is no school for cadets on Friday April 1st.
- As a reminder, only cadets in good behavior standing will be permitted to attend the social events DMA offers (Prom, Hershey Park, etc…). Cadets with numerous behavior infractions or any major infraction will not be permitted to attend.
- Save the Date! Wednesday, April 13th – Please join us at the Panera on Kirkwood Highway for our PTA fundraising event from 4:00-8:00pm. Come out for coffee, goodies, or dinner with your friends and family, while supporting our wonderful PTA! See the PTA Band or Facebook pages for more information and flyer.
- Sports Report:
- Congratulations to all of our wrestlers who participated in the NHSCA National Wrestling event in Virginia Beach this past weekend. A special shout out to Alyssa Mahan on her 3rd place finish which granted her the honor of becoming an All-American! Well done Alyssa. Due to the cold weather, we will follow the guidelines provided to us by the DIAA office.
We hope you have a great rest of the week and as always, please reach out with any questions, staff kudos or concerns you may have!