Good morning Seahawk Nation,
We hope you had a restful weekend and are ready for the short week leading into Spring Break! I know our cadets and Staff are looking forward to a short vacation before coming back to finish out the school year!
Here is your “Need to Know” report to wrap up before the break:
- We have one change to the schedule this week, we are moving Thursday, April 14th to an asynchronous day. There will be no in-person classes this day. Cadets will have work loaded into Schoology and it will be due for credit by the end of the day.
- DMA is officially embarking on setting up a true DMA Alumni website to reconnect with past graduates. Next year, we enter our 20th year of operation and we feel strongly, that now is the time to begin the process. We look forward to creating a platform that will form a network for our alumni, become philanthropic and share events/information pertaining to all things DMA. Much more to follow on this exciting new project!
- Sophomores only will be reporting to school on Wednesday, April 13th. All sophomores will be taking the PSAT 10 exam. There is no school for 9th 11th and 12th grade on Wednesday, April 13th. Please spend some time catching up on assignments! Students should arrive on campus at regular time. Dismissal will be at 11:00am unless you have specifically been told a later time by Mrs. Tocyloski. No early dismissals will be allowed on PSAT 10 days. Please remind cadets to turn off their Chromebook and charge it on Tuesday night. Cadets will need their fully charged Chromebook and charging cord for the assessment on Wednesday. Cadets are authorized to wear DMA PT Gear for the assessment. Room assignments will be posted in the Mess Hall.
- What to Bring:
- 2- #2 Pencils
- Acceptable calculator https://satsuite.collegeboard.org/psat-10/taking-the-test/what-to-bring-leave/calculator-policy
- Extra Batteries
- Snack/Drink for break
- What to Bring:
- This year’s golf outing is one for the record books! The event sold out in under two weeks and is packed with event sponsors. We are humbled by the outpouring of support and will do everything we can to make sure the outing continues to live up to the hype! You still have a chance to be a part of the outing while earning a dress-down day for your cadet! Here is what you do: Just click this link dmaathleticsgolf.com sponsor a hole and add your cadet’s name and whoolah! He/she will be granted a dress-down day (up to 3) for whenever they choose to use it during their time at DMA. Your cadet will love you more than they already do J! There are blackout dates (but for major events only).
- DMA Sports Booster Club is excited to announce we are partnering with Delaware Cornhole for a fundraising event on April 30th at Minquas Fire Hall. Please reach out to Mr. Jeanne or Christy DeMaio Ziegler firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
- A message from the PTA: Hope to see you at the Panera on Kirkwood Highway this Wednesday the 13th, anytime between 4:00-8:00pm for our fundraiser night! Unable to come in person? No problem! You can order online at panerabread.com and enter code PRFUND at checkout. In-person orders, just show the flyer to your cashier or say you’re from DMA. As a reminder, please do not order at a kiosk, as you’ll be unable to designate your purchase towards the DMA fund. Also, please note – our next PTA meeting will be after spring break on Wednesday, April 27th at 6:30pm in the Mess Hall. Our final meeting of the school year will be Thursday, May 19th. This will be an important meeting, not just to wrap up another school year, but also to hold the yearly elections for next year’s Board. DMA PTA Board positions are a one-year term with a maximum of two years in the same position. They include President. Vice President, Communications V.P., Secretary and Treasurer. Descriptions can be found online at dmapta.net. Those interested in a position must be a current PTA member and should notify any current officer on or before May 19th.
That’s it for now, we hope our cadets, families, and staff have a safe and enjoyable break and come back refreshed and ready to finish the school year strong!