Good morning Seahawk Nation,
We hope everyone had a relaxing Spring Break and is locked in and ready to finish out this school year strong! We have so much happening between now and Commencement, so please keep up to date with the school calendar, the Band app, and the website to ensure you don’t miss an event!
We have added a quaint courtyard to our campus for our cadets to enjoy before school, during lunch, after school or if teachers decide to hold class outside. DMA may not be flush with cash or have acres of land, but what we do have, we will make as nice as possible for our cadets. DMA comes from humble beginnings and a blue collar work ethic. We are proud of our accomplishments over the past nineteen years, but we will never forget our roots and our cadets who went without. We hope our cadets and you enjoy the new space J.
Here is what is happening this week:
- There is a DMA Board meeting this evening at 6:00pm in Talley Hall.
- The PTA meeting will be this Wednesday, April 27th at 6:30pm in the Mess Hall. Come join us to hear about what’s in store for the rest of the school year for both staff and families.
- Hershey Park permission slips and money for the June 6th trip are due to Mrs. Certesio by the end of the day on Friday, April 29th. The cost is $55.00 and it is open to all 9th, 10th, and 11th grade cadets who are in good standing at DMA. If your cadet has misplaced their permission slip, a new copy is available for pickup in the main office.
- We will begin DeSSA Testing later this week for some of our 9th and 10th graders, as well as all of our 11th Cadets will be pulled from classes in small groups to complete the testing. These tests are administered on the Chromebook and are un-timed. It is critical that cadets bring their fully charged Chromebook on the day they are testing. Please contact Mrs. Certesio with any questions related to DeSSA testing.
- Spring testing schedule:
- Thursday, April 28th – DeSSA Biology test for 9th and 10th graders who had Biology in the Fall semester
- Thursday, May 5th & Friday, May 6th – All 11th grade cadets will complete the DeSSA US History Test
- Tuesday, May 10th – DeSSA Biology test for 9th and 10th graders who had Biology in the Spring semester
- Spring testing schedule:
- Fall 2022 Cheer Tryouts will be held: Tuesday, May 3rd – 6-8pm (Learn Materials). Wednesday, May 4th – 6-7:30pm (Optional attendance for review) and Thursday, May 5th– 6-8pm (tryout during a provided time slot) For those who make the team: Monday, May 9th– 6:00pm- Mandatory Uniform fittings with a parent meeting to follow. Please join our band app for more information: https://band.us/n/a5a86djax1O89? If you have any questions, please email Coach Kelly- Kellycasey15@gmail.com
- Sports Report: Congratulations to the baseball team who defeated Tower Hill 6-2. Congratulations to the softball team who defeated Delmar 9-7 and Sussex Tech 8-1. Congratulations to the boy’s lacrosse team who defeated St. Mark’s 12-2. Congratulations to the Track & Field team who had an excellent showing at the Art Madric Invitational.
- Sports Booster Club: Join us May 9th-12th and help support DMA Athletics! Sports Boosters Club has partnered with several great restaurants in the area as part of our Restaurant Week Fundraiser. Watch the Sports Booster Facebook and Band App pages for more details coming soon!
Please keep Louie Oronzio (Class of 2020) in your prayers.