Good morning Seahawk Nation,
April Showers bring May flowers… What do May Flowers bring? Pilgrims. 🙂 Little Dad joke to start your day off, as we welcome in May and the last month of school for our Seniors!
Typically, this month is a blur with all of the end of the year events, planning for commencement and readying the new class for life at DMA. Speaking of the Class of 2026, they were here Saturday for their academic placement test and physical fitness test and they did a remarkable job! We will see them again tonight for New Cadet Orientation in the Dome beginning at 6:30pm.
Here is what else is happening this week at DMA:
- From Your Resilient Minds Group: May is Mental Health Awareness Month! The RM Group is focusing on raising awareness for Military and Veteran Mental Health. We have lots of events planned for the month, including informative morning announcements, a bake sale, a breakfast fundraiser, and a possible guest speaker! We look forward to spreading knowledge and advocacy for Military Mental Health and fundraising to support some of our local organizations that share the same focus. Two awesome cadets, Paris Robinson and Callie Daly, have started a program to support Suicide Awareness and Prevention! Save A Life Delaware is independent of DMA and its goal is to focus on supporting the close community of teens our small State of Delaware provides. These young and driven ladies hope to grow their newly founded organization and create representative chapters throughout the state. They are already in partnership with the American Foundation for Suicide Prevention, and DMA’s own mental health awareness group, Resilient Minds. They are currently kicking their initiative off with a T-shirt/Hoodie Fundraiser where all proceeds will directly benefit the American Foundation for Suicide Prevention and its efforts. Please consider helping out by getting some gear and supporting this awesome initiative, there’s just one-day left! https://www.customink.com/fundraising/save-a-life-delaware
- Yearly physical/ROTC forms for all Cadets: Please be aware that there is a new DIAA physical form that was just updated as of March 29, 2022. You can find the new form on the DMA website under the Sick Bay tab. Please make sure you take this form to your cadet’s annual physical appointment. This form is used even if your cadet does not play a sport. Also, the NJROTC Standard Release and Health Risk Screening form will be due in the first few weeks of school in the Fall. Please take the Health Risk Screening form to the appointment as well. Get it all filled out at once! These two ROTC forms are required every year for each cadet. These forms are also under the SICK BAY tab on the DMA website. If you have any questions, please contact Paige Dolan, RN at email@example.com.
- We are incredibly proud of our cadets who have earned the distinction of Honor Roll for the third marking period! If you wish to have an honor roll certificate printed to commemorate your cadet’s achievement, please complete the following request: https://forms.gle/iKYaT5n9k4a9qgnx7 Certificates will only be printed for cadets who complete this form. Interested individuals will receive an email at the given address when your certificate is complete and ready for pick up. Please contact Mrs. Tocyloski at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.
- Link Khan Academy with College Board to Create a FREE customized study plan! Please visit the following website for more information on how to link your College Board and Khan Academy accounts to access a free customized study plan! The plan will be customized based on your PSAT and SAT performance! Visit https://satsuite.collegeboard.org/sat/practice-preparation/official-sat-practice-khan-academy to find out more information!
- PSAT NMSQT Testing Opportunity for Fall of 2022: Attention current 10th grade cadets! While it seems like we just finished the PSAT 10, I wanted to make you aware of an exciting opportunity that will be available to you/your cadets next school year! DMA will be offering a PSAT/National Merit Based Scholarship Qualifying Test administration on October 12, 2022. Visit https://satsuite.collegeboard.org/psat-nmsqt to learn more about the PSAT/NMSQT assessment! This assessment is a great opportunity for additional practice before the Class of 2024 takes the SAT Exam in the Spring! Results from this exam administration can be linked to your Khan Academy account to create a free custom study plan based on your individualized performance. The cost of the exam will be $20. Payment will be collected next school year. Please complete this Google Form to reserve your seat for the assessment next year: https://forms.gle/7sMsmMBkuEV5B1qh8!
- DMA’s 2022 Academic Awards Ceremony will take place next week on Thursday, May 12th on the DMA Drill Deck at 6:30pm. This year, the Academic Awards Ceremony will celebrate cadets earning the following awards: the “Highest Course Achievement” award, which is given to the cadet who earned the highest overall average in a course; the “Cadet Breakthrough” award, given out by academic departments to the cadet who really stood out for their positive influence and effort in that content area; the “Shining Seahawk of the Year” award, a program that recognizes cadets who attain high academic achievement and take pride in DMA and in themselves; and the “Presidential Award for Outstanding Academic Excellence,” a national award given out to select graduating seniors, which recognizes academic success in the classroom. Cadets who have earned a 2022 Academic Award will be sent their invitation to the awards ceremony by this Wednesday, May 6th through their DMA student email account.
- Sports Booster Report: Mark your calendars! Next week is DMA Athletics Restaurant Week.
- Monday, May 9th – Season’s Pizza on Maryland Ave, Newport
- Tuesday, May 10th – The Green Turtle Sports Bar & Grille on Churchman’s Road
- Wednesday, May 11th – Anthony’s Coal Fired Pizza on Limestone Rd, Pike Creek
- Thursday, May 12th – Texas Roadhouse at 250 Buckley Blvd in Bear
- Watch for our posts on the DMA SBC Facebook and Band App pages for flyers and more details.
- Save the Date: Annual Athletic Award Ceremony will take place Wednesday, June 1st at 6:30pm in the Dome. Invitations have been emailed.
- Please RSVP by emailing Mr. Jeanne no later than May 23rd.
- The Fall Meet the Coaches will take place Wednesday, June 2nd at 6:30pm.
- Sports Report:
- Fall Cheer tryouts:
- Tuesday, May 3rd – 6:00-8:00pm (Learn Materials)
- Wednesday, May 4th – 6:00-7:30pm (Optional attendance for review)
- Thursday, May 5th – 6:00-8:00pm (tryout during a provided time slot)
- For those who make the team: Monday, May 9th– 6pm- Mandatory Uniform fittings with a parent meeting to follow.
Please join our band app for more information:
- If you have any questions, please email Coach Kelly- Kellycasey15@gmail.com
- Congratulations to the Golf team who defeated Odessa 203-253 and Smyrna 197-201.
- Congratulations to the Baseball team who defeated MOT Charter 15-1 and Hodgson 10-0.
- Congratulations to the Girls’ Soccer team who defeated MOT Charter 3-0.
- Congratulations to the Girls’ Lacrosse team who defeated St. Georges 16-10.
- Congratulations to the Softball team who defeated MOT Charter 18-0, Concord 17-4 and St. Mark’s 8-4.
- Congratulations to the Track Team who had an excellent showing at Penn Relays and the Bob Behr Invitational. Many kids broke their personal records over the weekend.
- Fall Cheer tryouts:
We hope you have a great week, and as always please reach out if we can assist in any way.