Good morning Seahawk Nation,
Today is National Barbecue Day but based on today’s forecast that may make it a bit of a challenge. Nonetheless, barbecue sounds delicious! This week is Blue/Gold Week, however, if behavior becomes an issue we will be back to uniforms. We get cadets are ready for the year to be over, but the fact is, it just isn’t and they need to adhere to rules and regulations. Hopefully, they comply and can enjoy the week.
Here is what is happening around DMA:
- DMA participated in this weekend’s Newark Memorial Ceremony and Parade. Cadets Jake Botterbusch and Brianna Bosco provided Echo Taps for the ceremony and the parade marched down Main Street which included a DMA Color guard, the band, and a platoon of cadets. As always, they looked sharp and represented with pride. Bravo Zulu cadets!
- Covid has seemed to make a return, so we will be back to quarantining and contact tracing. You will hear from us if your cadet is a direct contact or has been exposed. Vaccinated or not, it really doesn’t make a difference. We will keep you posted if we need to take additional measures.
- Thank you to the PTA for our Staff Appreciation Week! Every day, they celebrated our Staff with lunch and goodies which everyone enjoyed. Our PTA has gone above and beyond this year and we thank everyone who made it so special!
- A message from the PTA:
- The last PTA meeting of the school year will be this Thursday, May 19th at 6:30 in the Mess Hall. We will hold the yearly election for Board positions and discuss the end of school year activities, including the Senior Breakfast and End of Year Picnic.
- Senior Class Lawn Signs for the Class of ‘22 will be available for sale until Thursday, May 19th. Please see the Class of 2022 Band App or the PTA Band App for more detailed information.
- Friday, May 20th will be the final PTA lunch of the school year. A very special thanks goes out to all the wonderful parents who volunteered their time to help serve lunch to our cadets throughout the year!
- This Thursday, a contingent of DMA cadets and Staff will be in Dover to support Charter schools and speak out against some of the legislation attempting to be passed against Charter Schools.
- Sports Report: SBC: The Sports Booster Club meeting will take place tonight at 6:30PM in the Dome.
- Congratulations to the Boys Volleyball team who defeated MOT Charter and Dickinson to reach the Semifinals of the Boys Volleyball Championships. The team will host Charter School of Wilmington tomorrow Tuesday, May 17th at 5:30 PM
- Congratulations to Softball who earned the 5th seed in this year’s State Tournament. The team will host the winner of Newark Charter vs. St. Georges.
- Congratulations to the Boys Lacrosse team who defeated Middletown 19-6.
- Congratulations to the Girls Soccer team who defeated Sanford 2-1.
- Congratulations to the Baseball team who defeated Caravel 8-3.
- Congratulations to the Girls Tennis team who defeated Newark 4-1.
- Good luck to the Golf team who’s competing at the DSAC Conference Championship today.
- Good luck to the Track & Field team who will compete at States this Friday in Dover.
We hope you have a nice week. Here at DMA, we look forward to closing out the school year on a positive note and everyone being able to enjoy their summer vacation drama free!