Good morning Class of 2026!
We hope the summer is treating you well. Here at DMA, we are busy getting ready for the start of the school year and looking forward to the return of our cadets and this awesome freshman class! It is busy but exciting to get up and running!
We wanted to pass on some information to you so that you are all aware of what to expect next week (July 11th -14th) for New Cadet Orientation (AKA Boot Camp). Here is what you need to know, so you and your cadet do not lose any sleep on July 10th worrying about if you have everything you need.
Here is the Need to Know for the week:
- In regard to masking, the State of emergency has been lifted, but if you feel more comfortable wearing a mask, feel free to do so. We will not be asking anyone if they have been vaccinated.
- Monday, July 11th Boot Camp begins. All freshman and new sophomore cadets are expected to be at DMA by 0730 (7:30am). Early is on time and on time is late so begin practicing the 15 minutes in advance rule with them now. When you arrive at DMA, drop your cadet off in front of McDonald Hall (the second building). There will be cadets or staff directing the traffic. We will take them from that point.
- The day concludes at 1130 (11:30am) so please make arrangements to have your cadet picked up on time. Your cadet will come to your vehicle. Just follow the guidance of the Instructors telling you where to go.
- Cadets should be in attire suitable for physical fitness. Bring a labeled water bottle.
- Cadets should have with them all the items listed on the gear list that was provided to you at New Cadet Orientation. If you do not have this list, you can find it on the DMA home page www.demilacad.org or please contact the Interim Senior Naval Science Instructor Frank King firstname.lastname@example.org with questions..
- On Thursday, July 14th (weather pending), we will wrap up the week long boot camp with a motivational formation/cadence run beginning at 9:45am. The run will conclude at the bottom of the hill (back of the school) with a BBQ. The BBQ is being sponsored by our three wonderful organizations (PTA, Athletic Boosters and Band). There will be spirit wear/DMA gear available for purchase so please bring cash or check and stock up on your DMA swag.
- If you plan to attend the BBQ, please arrive at DMA no later than 0930 (9:30am) and we will direct you where to go from there. This is a perfect opportunity to meet new families, staff and begin getting acclimated to DMA life and of course cheer on, congratulate and welcome our newest cadets into the DMA family!
Looking forward to seeing everyone next week and if you have any questions whatsoever please do not hesitate to contact us. We will be more than happy to answer any questions you may have.