The Delaware Military Academy Guidance Counselors provide students with academic and career planning assistance, help Cadets overcome barriers to success, and work one-on-one with students experiencing problems or crises.
DMA School Code for College Applications is: 080171
bigfuture.org – This site will help juniors and seniors to find schools that match their “wish list” as well as locate scholarships and planning resources.
Delaware Student Success Website – This is the Delaware Higher Education Office. On this site, cadets can register to access scholarships, gather college planning information and access the Academic Common Market (a hidden gem in DE). The college compendium (scholarship book) is also available on this site.
- The Lead Roster B2B Sales & Marketing Scholarship
- The Publicity.ai SEO & Content Marketing Scholarship
- BBB of DE Ed Foundation – Student Ethics Essay Scholarship
- Delaware Scholarship Compendium 2018-19
- The Dream.US National Scholarship Programs
- DSU Opportunity Scholars Program
- PhentermineClinics Health Scholarship
- Rotary Club of Newark, DE Scholarship
- Greensense EDIS III Scholarship
- Buzzi Scholarship
- Rotary Club of Wilmington, DE Scholarship
- Dunkin Donuts Scholarship
- SAME Scholarship Program
- Future of Chemistry Scholarship
- City of Wilmington Mayor’s Scholarship
- North Carolina Central University Scholarship
- Balanced Man Scholarship
- Dave Reynolds Scholarship, Wesley College
- Dirk Derrick Car & Truck Accident Injury Scholarship
- Going Merry.com Scholarship
- RevenueZen Social Selling Scholarship
Congratulations to Noah Cillo who has received a total of THREE appointments: one to the United States Military Academy at West Point, one to the United States Air Force Academy, and one to the United States Merchant Marine Academy.
Congratulations to Julia Farris who has received an appointment to attend the United States Military Academy at West Point where she will be playing softball next year.
Congratulations to Russell Roberts, who has received an appointment to attend the United States Merchant Marine Academy where he will be playing baseball next year.
Congratulations to Madeline Kuennen who has received an appointment to attend the United States Coast Guard Academy.
During COVID: All teachers have office hours between 12:30 and 3:15 each day
After-school tutoring occurs between 2:45 p.m. – 4:00 p.m.
- Math: Mondays & Thursdays
- English: Wednesdays & Thursdays
- If your 8th grader was enrolled in pre-Algebra or 8th-grade math this year, they will be placed in Algebra I & Integrated Science for the 2021 – 2022 school year.
- If your 8th grader was enrolled in Algebra I this year and earned an 80% or higher, they will be placed in Honors Geometry & Honors Biology for the 2021 – 2022 school year.
- If your 8th grader was enrolled in Geometry this year and earned an 80% or higher, they will be placed in Honors Algebra II & Honors Biology for the 2021 – 2022 school year.
It is imperative that you look at your child’s progress in math this year and decide if your cadet should retake Algebra 1 in the 9th grade. Algebra 1 is the basis for all other math courses in high school and if you believe they have not gained all the prerequisite skills, we will honor your request to remain in Algebra 1 for the 2021-22 school year. These requests should be emailed to our Dean of Cadets, Amy Tocyloski.
2021 -2022 Academic Planning Info
DMA will be holding a virtual academic information night on March 29th at 6:30 pm. This program focuses on course options for all rising 10th, 11th, and 12th-grade cadets and their families. The meeting can be accessed here.
Here are the supporting documents for the Academic Information Night:
DMA’s freshman class is made up of cadets who have attended 30 different middle school programs. This creates a unique challenge as each of these programs follows a different curriculum. If your child is not placed in honors for freshman year, they will have the opportunity to move to honors in their 10th-grade year.