Good morning Seahawk Nation!
We hope you had a nice weekend and are ready for the last week leading into Thanksgiving break!
Here is your daily update:
- This Friday, November 18th is an asynchronous day for cadets. DMA will be open, but we are hosting our Cadet for a Day program. We have over 180 prospective new cadets enrolled, we are excited to share with them all the wonderful opportunities, and adventure that awaits them at DMA. Cadets who are helping on that day will not have asynchronous work to complete.
- Our November PTA meeting will be this Thursday, November 17th at 6:30pm. Please join us to discuss all things DMA. We will have a Zoom link available for those who cannot make it in person. In addition, our Holiday Food Drive has been extended to November 29th. Please consider supporting our local veterans and military families in need this holiday season. See link below. Thank you to all who have already donated or have helped spread the word.
- This is the last week to submit your order for Poinsettia plants! The poinsettia plants are 14-16 inches high in a 6-inch plant pot with approximately five plus blooms per plant. The plants come in three different colors red, white or pink at the cost of $10.00 per plant. In the case of unavailability of a particular color, red will be substituted for the requested color. Cadets must turn in order sheets and payment no later than 17 November 2022. If payment is in the form of a check, please make the check payable to Delaware Military Academy. All plants will be ready for pickup on December 9, 2022 from 2:45 pm – 6:00 pm in the DMA chow hall. Any questions should be directed to your cadets Naval Science Instructor.
- The DMA Concert Choir sang to honor veterans at the Christiana Hospital and the VA Hospital in Wilmington. It was a great way to spend Veterans Day! Shout out to the DMA Choir who have really been out there promoting DMA and their program. We are very proud of you! BRAVO ZULU! Follow them on Instagram @ seahawksmusic
- The DMA Marching Seahawks headed to A.I. High School on Saturday night for the 50th Annual New Castle County Band Festival. They were one of six local bands that performed and were judged in the areas of Music Performance, Marching and Maneuvering, and General Effect. The Seahawks had a stellar showing, taking home Excellent and Superior ratings across all categories! Bravo cadets and congratulations on another impressive performance season! Follow them on Instagram @seahawksmusic
- Sports Report: Follow them on Instagram @ dma_athletics
- The football team lost to Archmere 29-8. The team will travel to Lake Forest for the first round of the playoffs this Friday, November 18th.
- The field hockey team lost to Wilmington Friends in the quarterfinals.
- The soccer team lost to St. Mark’s in the quarterfinals.
- The boys cross country team finished fourth at states.
- The girls cross country team finished tenth at states.
- Congratulations to Ethan Walther your Division Two Cross Country State Champion! (pictured above)
We hope you have an enjoyable and relaxing Thanksgiving holiday with family and friends. As always, please let us know if there is anything, we can assist with in your cadet’s education and experience at DMA!