Good morning Seahawk Nation,
Welcome to the last week before Spring Break for our cadets and Staff! I am certain everyone is looking to have some down time, unplug from electronics, get outside and enjoy the outdoors!
Here is what we have going on this week:
- Re-enrollment forms are due today! Please make sure you make arrangements with Mrs. Galinskie if you have not yet returned your form, as our numbers for next year are quite large. We will be enrolling the largest freshman class in our history and we are very excited for the Class of 2025 to join our current cadets who (all things considered) have knocked it out of the park this year! Granted, this certainly has not been the easiest of school years, but when you look around the state/country in how other students have performed, versus how DMA cadets have managed, it is not even comparable. Sounds braggadocios, but truly we have great kids (young men and women) and families who have pulled together, remained optimistic, and are working hard to make the best of a situation none of us ever thought we would experience in our lifetime. Certainly, we have had our fair share of frustrations/setbacks, but we have stayed together and that is why we are the Seahawk Nation! Again, I want to thank all of the families who have taken the time to acknowledge our Staff and Admin team’s efforts. I also want to thank the families who have voiced their concerns. It is very important to DMA that you know you are heard and all concerns are taken under consideration and responded to in a professional manner.
- The Senior Prom will be on May 15, 2021, on the DMA campus from 7:00 PM to 11:00 PM. Rain date(s): May 21st and 22nd, 2021(same times). Tickets will be sold on March 30th and 31st from 12:30 PM to 1:30 PM. We will have a drive-through system, the same way we did the textbook drop-off last semester. Tickets will be $90.00 per person.
- We will have Formal Affairs on-site if you would like to reserve and measure your tuxedo for that night, they are asking for a $10.00 deposit.
- You can only wear white, black, gray, or midnight blue tuxedos, no other color or print will be allowed, it is a formal event.
- Each table will have eight people, so make sure when you come to buy your ticket you know who you are sitting with that night or come together to make the purchase.
- All attendees must submit a negative Covid test no more than 72 hours prior to the event (Wednesday, May 12th to Friday, May 14th before noon). Any cadet or guest who has a positive test will not be permitted to attend and will be given a full refund. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact Mrs. Enderica at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Midterm exams will be held this Wednesday and Thursday. All exams will be done through ZOOM and there will be no in-person Cohort B classes on these days. Cadet attendance on these dates is required for any class where a midterm is being administered. Please refer to the Cadet Handbook for what is an excused absence per the State Code. The midterm exam is worth 10% of a cadet’s overall grade in a semester course. The schedule is:
Wednesday, March 31st
Block 1 – 0725 to 0920
Block 2 – 0925 to 1120
Thursday, April 1st
Block 5 – 0725 to 0920
Block 6 – 0925 to 1120
- The cohort information for marking period 4 will be sent out via email by the close of business on April 1st. Please watch the email you provided on the Return to School survey. When we return after Spring Break, we will start our new schedule.
- Mrs. Certesio and Mrs. Tocyloski will be hosting an Academic Information Night this evening at 6:30 for our rising 10th, 11th, and 12th-grade cadets. Please see the DMA school calendar for specific information, as well as the ZOOM meeting link. We look forward to seeing you!
- From the desk of the Athletic Director, Mr. Jeanne:
- Golf Outing: Did you not register to play in this year’s Golf Outing yet? It is not too late, we are still accepting registration. You can register at www.dmaathleticsgolf.com
- Sports: Congratulations to our Spring teams who are off to a great start of the season! All results can be found on our sports website at www.seahawkssports.com.
- Athletes Grooming Standards: All athletes must adhere to DMA’s grooming standards, regardless if the athletes are virtual or hybrid. Athletes must arrange to meet the standards as early as tomorrow Tuesday, March 30th. Otherwise, they will not be permitted to practice or compete.
- Sports Summer Camp: The Athletic Department is hosting a sports camp this upcoming June. If you know families who have middle-school-age children interested in attending our camp, please share the following link https://delawareseahawkscamp.com/
- Athletic Award Ceremony: Parents who have received an invitation to the Athletic Award Ceremony, please make sure to RSVP with Mr. Jeanne. The deadline is May 5th.
We hope you have an excellent week and we wish all of our cadets an enjoyable, safe, and relaxing spring break! Take the time to get away from electronic devices, get outside, and play! You only get to be young once, enjoy that time. The games and cell phones are not going anywhere.