Good afternoon Seahawk Nation,
Minus Covid-19, what an incredibly beautiful day! We are happy to have our Staff back with us which means we are now officially into stage three of our seven-stage Return to Play & In-Person Instruction Plan. We are paying very close attention to the data and will make any necessary adjustments if need be. For now, we are following our plan and looking forward to welcoming the class of 2024 in person the week of November 2nd.
Here is your need to know report as we get into the week:
- DMA Staff has all been tested or is being tested this week for Covid-19. We ask that you please do the same for your cadet(s) who are returning for in-person instruction to ensure the safety and health of our Staff and other cadets. Please submit your current test results to our school nurse, Paige Dolan. We all know the “together we…” slogan on this one, so no need to repeat it.
- You will be receiving a survey later this week regarding lunches. While we encourage you to pack your own lunch, we will be offering a limited menu. Please keep in mind that microwaves will not be available for cadets per Covid-19 regulations, so please pack meals that are ready to eat.
- Early next week you will be receiving a rather lengthy informative document pertaining to return to in-person instruction. Please take the time to read this information carefully and understand what is required on your end to return.
- Now that we have settled into the school year, and Fall Sports are underway, this is the perfect time to be sure you have a way to look back on the exciting memories from this school year. Purchase your 2020-2021 DMA Yearbook: The Porthole while it is still at the low introductory price. Go to www.YearbookOrderCenter and enter order #16925 and purchase yours today! Class of 2021 parents, do not delay…the purchase deadline of November 1st for ‘Baby Ads’ is fast approaching. You can add that special touch to your senior’s yearbook by designing your own page or partial page, especially for your cadet.
- Message from the PTA: Each year, the DMA PTA sponsors a Holiday Food Drive to provide a turkey or ham dinner with all of the fixings to National Guard families in need, as well as retired and homeless veterans across Delaware. With looming concerns about the pandemic, the Delaware National Guard has requested that this holiday season we donate grocery store gift cards in place of the turkeys, hams, and canned goods. We are asking for monetary donations in order to purchase the gift cards. Last year, we provided meals to over 200 families and hope to help as many, if not more this holiday season! Please click here to make your tax-deductible donation. Donations can be made now through December 1st. In this challenging time, your support of our military families is greatly needed and much appreciated!
Sports Report: Per the Diamond State Conference, fans at athletic events are not allowed until November 2nd. On November 2nd, The conference will evaluate the situation and possibly look to allow fans to home and away athletic contests. We will make sure to update you on the situation as soon as we get more information from the conference. Please note that families will not be permitted to stay in their cars while games take place. We ask that you please drop your cadet off, leave campus and return at the conclusion of the game to pick up your cadet.
- DMA will live stream all home games at all levels (Varsity, Junior Varsity and Freshman) this season. You can sign up by visiting the link below: https://www.nfhsnetwork.com/schools/delaware-military-academy-wilmington-de The Winter Meet The Coaches will take place tonight Monday, October 19th at 6:30 PM. After a presentation from the Athletic Director, families and athletes will get to meet with their respective coaches.
Below are the links to the meetings:
Athletic Director’s Presentation
Topic: Winter Meet the Coaches Night
Time: Oct 19, 2020, 06:30 PM Eastern Time (US and Canada)
Join Zoom Meeting
Meeting ID: 885 5985 1373
Meeting ID: 815 109 6789
Meeting ID: 733 2646 7680
Join Zoom Meeting
Meeting ID: 896 0520 6835